“I liked it!”
Review of Water's Edge Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Water's Edge Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
East Syracuse, New York
“I liked it!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed at the Water's Edge on St. Patrick's Day, 2012 (a Saturday). I booked a king leisure suite. It was immaculately clean & cute. I've read that some of the rooms, or maybe all by now, have been renovated. I'm not sure if ours was or not. We had a balcony with adirondack chairs and it was nice enough to hang out there! Perfect view of the lake too. The living area was near the balcony which was cool (there was a tv in both the living room and bedroom), but when you opened the door anyone passing by could see someone in bed, so I kind of prefer that the living area was near the door. Check-in was the usual - in at 3, out at 11 a.m.

Where we stayed was near the library so it was a bit loud, and it was St. Patrick's Day anyway. I'm not sure if the noise was from the pool area or the library, or both, but the noise level definitely came down when the pool closed at 9:00 p.m. I didn't use the pool or eat there (brunch was too early on Sunday!). The library was adorable! LOVED it! tons of comfy chairs and a great view of the lake.

Cable tv was a little fuzzy, better near the lake side, and internet was decent. You are in the Adirondacks, remember! And also remember that this place is right across from the Enchanted Forest Water Safari, so there's probably lots of kids and noise during the warmer weather!

All in all, I really liked it. My boyfriend was with me and we really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room away from the main lobby for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
New York
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Price was reasonable considering they were between the snow and summer seasons. It was quiet, and they supplied the rooms with pleanty of towels. The bathroom could have been cleaner, I think they forgot that a clean floor is important. We did not even bother with breakfast. There were not many healthy choices at all- for a few dollars you are better off going into town to Walts Diner. If we had paid high season rates the breakfast would have been more disapointing. The desk staff did not seam to care one way or the other that we decided to spend our time and mony with them- I guess they are used to that being a tourist town, but I would have thought they would have been a bit more cherry in this "really off season". Will probally not go back since there seems to be many choices in town to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KValente
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you felt the bathroom floor was not clean, we would like to apologize for this. We strive to provide the best for our guests and have taken the time to discuss this with our staff. Our continental breakfast is meant to be a light meal and we are currently looking into more health conscious options to add to our selection. If you would like to contact us directly with your suggestions we would greatly appreciate it. We are also disappointed to hear that the front desk staff was not friendly; we will speak with them directly. The staff sincerely hopes that you will consider a return stay. If you would like to contact us directly, you can write us at info@watersedgeinn.com or call 315-369-2484.
Syracuse, New York, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I love Water's Edge Inn. The rooms, view and the staff, Grace, Gaye, Becky & the rest of the girls are just great. We stay @ Water's Edge twice a year, in July as a business trip/mini vacation and in October as a Fall Getaway. There isn't anywhere else in Old Forge that I would consider staying.

Room Tip: You can't beat the lakeside rooms for the view no matter the season.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Reba O
Rochester, New York
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I have to say i was annoyed by the NEGATIVE reviews i have just seen on here. My family and i stayed here at the Watersedge this year in June. We had a basic room with 2 beds. The room was very nice, clean, and even though it was one of their smallest rooms we still were comfortable. I was looking for a resort type area we could go to without paying a fortune. I was fortunate enough to find a room left during their off season pricing. We stayed there off season and we were there for the Thunder in the forge. We are not motorcycle riders but this is, in my words...a Motor Cyclists Convention. I was skeptacle about staying there that weekend because of this. However it was absolutely fantastic. All the riders were sooooo nice and considerate. VERY friendly. Even when they were all in the lounge and i wanterd to sit there they were very kind to me. I enjoyed the pool. The staff was extremely kind, and considerate. Always smiled at me and asked if we needed anything. The breakfast they had was your plain type continental breakfast however it was very sufficient. The service from the kitchen staff was very friendly and always cheerful. I found that the staff showed excellent customer service. The lounge area was very comfortable and nice as well. I have stayed at super RITZY places before and didnt get the service i got here. We have decided we will go there every year. I will say though if you want a room of ANY type to BOOK early.... dont assume you can get in by booking at a later date for your stay. I infact just got off the phone with someone there booking my stay for next year and was treated VERY nicely. Very friendly and personable. And yes... I booked our stay for the same weekend the motorcyclists will be there.... Great fun. The stores also had great prices. A total enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Book early for the suites.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank c Michael n Jan... L
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We always appreciate guest feedback. Our staff was delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We're looking forward to accommodating you for many years to come!
Owego, ny
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We had the privilege of spending at this delightful propperty. It was the off-season, yet, there was much to do. All of the stores were still open. Our room was right on the lake and had a great view. There was also a private deck with an Adirondeck chair for our relaxation. The room was bright and clean. The staff was friendly and worked hard to provide the comforts of home away from home.

Room Tip: Request rooms that are preceeded with the letter ""A" for lake front.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank coachearl
Rochester, NY
Reviewed October 13, 2011

room pretty nice- best thing was balcony with adirondack chairs- was too cold in October too enjoy when we were at the room. bathroom really small, wallpaper peeling. did request new clock- staff was prompt and very helpful. lamps cheap- nearly fell apart when accidentally bumped. breakfast not too good but got us through the morning. beautiful view out back.

Room Tip: no elevator for 2nd floor. rooms by pool would be loud
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rochesterfamily
We appreciate the comments you have shared about your recent stay at the Water’s Edge Inn. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room.
Our Double rooms have an average sized bathroom measuring about 30 sq. ft, however we do offer 8 types of Suites which do have larger bathrooms. By next year all of our Double Rooms will be remodeled, this includes the bathrooms and all of the furnishings. We are happy to hear that our staff was prompt and helpful during your stay.
We genuinely appreciate your feedback, as it is the best way to improve our business. We look forward to your return visit.
Auburn, New York
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were one of the first to check in and asked to change our room from ground level to higher for the view. We were told by the tatooed girl at the front desk, sorry, nothing else available. My husband went back and got another desk person who moved us immediately to another room. That room was not one of the newly renovated, older bed spreads and stained rug but the view that we requested. No one smiles, could be a nice place once all renovated and different staff. Continental breakfast was no big deal. I expected more for $150.00 but they don't have to smile, they got the location locked up.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lori F
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to relay your thoughts on your recent stay here at the Water’s Edge Inn. We are disappointed to hear that we did not live up to your standards.
We would like to take the time to apologize for our “grumpy staff,” this is not the standard for our hotel. We strive to be as helpful as possible to all of our guests during their stays. As of early 2012 all of our Double rooms will be remodeled. Our Complimentary Continental Breakfast is a light fan fair and is not meant to be a full breakfast.
We genuinely appreciate your feedback, as it is the most effective way to improve our business. We hope that you will consider a return visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Forge
Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc
Big Moose Inn
Big Moose Inn
#1 of 1 in Eagle Bay

Been to Water's Edge Inn? Share your experiences!