“Best breakfast in Old Forge”
Review of Walt's Diner

Walt's Diner
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Old Forge
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Saturday morning breakfast was terrific at Walt's Diner. The restaurant was busy but we took a table outside and it was a beautiful morning for people watching. The staff was incredibly friendly and fast. The food was terrific; I had steak and eggs and she had an omelet. Next time we are going to try the plate-sized pancakes. Walt's is a terrific value and you will not leave hungry.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

A little on the weathered side but great food, gigantic pancakes and a very friendly staff!!

It is in a great location, right in the middle of town.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Had breakfast here 2 mornings in a row. Sat at the counter as it's a pretty busy place and I was alone. You can tell a good diner when you feel like you are eating at "Cheers". Everybody knows your name so to speak. The same locals showed up each morning and the waitresses already knew what they wanted.

I had eggs, bacon, toast with homemade home fries. Meal was good, nice portions. Typical diner fare. Friendly staff and quick service. Poured coffee refills without asking.

As are most diners, not a fancy place but a good meal and what you might expect. If you are hungry you may want to go with their pancakes. They are HUMONGOUS and you will not finish.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Just 3 of us for breakfast, heading out of town after a wonderful week on Fourth Lake. We've eaten here over the past few years for breakfast. After this time, I don't want to go back. Maybe because it was a busy Saturday morning. My scrambled eggs were very well done. McDonald's are fluffier. The breakfast fried potatoes were tasteless. The best part of my meal was the "Texas" toast. Seemed like their bread definitely not the commercial type.
Husband liked his eggs sunny-side up. Son liked his french toast. Son did not like the OJ. He doesn't like reconstituted juice.
Service is still friendly. Although, I heard some angry 'discussion' coming from the grill area while seated at our table.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My family and I loved this place, the staff is amazing, even the owner is amazing. We ate there three times during our vacation. Pancakes are huge and delicious, muffins are delicious. Chicken parmesan huge and so good. Missippi mud pie and Backlava yummy. Seating indoors and outdoor. All in All a wonderful experience. If I were you I defitnitely would stop here its a family oriented place and great customer service. Defitnitely five star and my family and I will be coming back because of this place. This dinner is the best dinner/resturant I have ever been to. I love You Walt's Dinner.