“Very fresh ingredients. Best in Old forge!”
Review of Five Corners Cafe

Five Corners Cafe
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Old Forge
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open for Winter Season!
Syracuse, New York
“Very fresh ingredients. Best in Old forge!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had a dinner here with my daughter (7). They have children's menu but I wouldn't recommend the spaghetti as it doesn't come with any meatballs or any sort of protein. So I told the owner about my concern and she immediately responded with smile and told the waitress to bring a small children's steak with some spaghetti for $10. So if you have any concern, feel free to talk to the owner (very nice lady ^^).

DINNER: I enjoyed the fresh bread with bowl of different colored olives (yummy!) before the main dish came out. As for my daughter's meal, she enjoyed her plate (steak decent, not awesome but it's a thin kids' steak so it was good enough) esp. after a day at the waterpark.

I had the daily special fish ($23) and the fish was cooked perfectly, very tender, melts in your mouth but I didn't like the seasoning on the top plus it was little salty, so I removed the layer of seasoning and all was fine. The summer squash salad that came with my meal was just sooooooo tasty! I almost asked for the seconds ^^.

Their portion is just right for me, but people used to giant portion of italian restaurants like Maggiano might find them little small. Can't comment on the wine as I dont' drink.

DESSERT: I tried the flourless choco cake, it was very good. It was more like a chocolate filling/ trouffle taste and texture. If you want an actual cake, order somethine else. I had to fight over it with my daughter (to eat more) ^^

SERVICE: it was starting to get busy (5 pm) and I got better & more service from the owner than my waitress (she was just okay).

PARKING: Restaurant is on a VERY busy street, you can park in front of the street but chance is very slim. There's a large parking lot behind the restaurant.

Overall, very good food with very fresh ingredients! I've tried few other restaurants in Old forge, but this one tops it all! ^^

Visited August 2013

Plymouth, Michigan
“Terrific!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a great meal here tonight. It's a little off season and the place was pretty quiet. Service was excellent. Hubby had the duck and I had salmon. Ingredients were fresh and creative w/o being weird. Dinner was served with delicious fresh bread and a bowl of olives. One glass of wine and a soda... with tip the bill was about $60. We'd go back!

• Visited September 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Not Fancy, but friendly and fine food”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had dinner at the Five Corners a few days ago...it was a toss up between it and another Old Forge establishment. We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. All of the staff was warm, friendly and efficient. My husband proclaimed his duck to be the best ever, my filet ranked right up there with Ruth's Chris...at 1/3 the cost! We'll definitely return!

• Visited September 2013
Albany, New York
“Our favorite restaurant in Old Forge!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food and service here is always wonderful. Nice wine list and yummy desserts! A real gem in the heart of the Adirondacks!

Visited July 2013
Webster, NY
“Very good food, small portions”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The food and service was very good, no complaints. The amount of food was small which is not a huge deal but you will also pay a little more.

Visited August 2013