“Nice Place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had never eaten here so we were pleasantly surprised. It rained the night before we left so we didn't want to cook at the campground. The breakfast we had was very good and the prices were about average of other places. And they had really thick fresh toast ( didn't even have to ask for it. Staff was friendly and the coffee was very good. Give it a try.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you leave hungry from this place, it's your own fault! Great food, we ended up splitting a meal and I was full! Wonderful homemade pastries.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The sign stated serving until 2 pm and we showed up at 1:10. The place was fairly busy and we got seated quickly. We were looking for soup, but they were out. That was understandable as it was a cool rainy day and we were in there towards closing time.

My wife ordered a cup of chili and a half a turkey sandwich and I had the tuna melt. My wife asked if the sandwich could be grilled to heat the bread up. The waitress said they normally don't grill the sandwiches but said the bread could be toasted. My wife said that would be fine.The food came out quick and the tuna melt was very good.

The bread on my wife's sandwich was not toasted. The waitress was not around so my wife asked another gal behind the counter if she could ask the cook to just throw some butter on the bread and heat it up on the grill. The girl said she would ask the cook and took the sandwich.

The waitress came back 3 minutes later with the grilled/toasted half of turkey sandwich and hollered to my wife:
- "I told you when you ordered that the sandwich it could not be grilled..and you asked someone else to have it grilled!
- "We also don't make half sandwiches for sale but I made an exception for you!"
- "Now I'm in trouble with the cook so I hope you enjoy your sandwich!!!"

She dropped the plate down on the table loudly and stormed off.

We were both absolutely shocked. There was no mention of not being able to order a half sandwich and if so, we would have gladly paid for a full sandwich, but only needed them to bring a half. The bread was not toasted and the waitress was not around, so my wife just asked politely if it could be toasted on the grill to the gal behind the counter.

The waitress never came back to our table but asked the other girl to bring our check over. We thanked her very much, complimented her on the food and left but without leaving a tip.

It was an absolute shocker the way we were treated. We come to the area every year with a large group of (45-50) people and will not be back to this place for a very long time if ever.

3  Thank WilsonP
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I can't rate the food because we didn't stay to eat. I entered the establishment around 10 am to see if they had tables available before the other 5 of us got out of the vehicles. The people that entered right before me were seated and I saw 4 empty tables within my view. I mistakenly told everyone else to get out of the cars. I then went in and told the hostess that there would be 6 of us. She rudely told me there would be a 10-15 minute wait. I said never mind and went back out to tell the others. My daughter-in-law went in and was told the same thing, so she asked the again rude hostess, "Do you have to have reservations to get one of these open tables?" The hostess says, "No, you can be seated but you will have to wait 10-15 minutes to let the waitresses catch up!!" As she had such a terrible attitude we wondered what the rest of their service would be like, so we left.

3  Thank CruisingGramof9
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We assumed the sour faced hostess was just having a bad day, as we were shown to our table, menus slapped down as she walked away. But the waitress was just as bad. She begrudgingly took our order, brought the food then the check; never checking if there was anything else we needed. When we waved her down and asked for more tea (which we were charged for), she picked up the two glasses, not concerned with which one belonged to whom, and returned them in the same haphazard fashion. It's a shame as the food was good, if it had not been served with a full order of attitude.

3  Thank TDB2011