“vacation cottage”
other travelers have booked this property
Beach House Porch area Beach House Kitchen and Dining Area
Beach House Bedroom 1
Beach House Bedroom 2
Nightly views of Toronto
30 minute drive along the lake to Niagara Falls
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
douglas b...
“vacation cottage”
Reviewed September 6, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

we had a great time at the lake house. watching the ships pass by. to listening to the waves. it's was a very relaxing time. you can't get any closer to the lake with out being on a boat.

janellwhe...
Brighton, Missouri
“Great View but would NOT GO BACK”
Reviewed July 31, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

Where to start. My first instinct was to not even unpack. It was very evident upon entering the "cottage" that it was not clean. We decided to make due and to be honest, we did have a wonderful time.

The one good thing about this place is the VIEW. If you are going for the view then this place is for you. We were quite literally on the water. The outdoor deck (after I spent an hour cleaning it) was also very nice. There is an outdoor refrigerator (which I had to clean before using) and a few other appliances out there and this is where we spent 90% of our time.

The kitchen was also pretty nice, minus the refrigerator, the freezer and the oven being DIRTY! It seemed to be recently remodeled and seemed to be stocked with anything you would need for preparing food (which we did not do). Seemed like new paint and was charming.

CONS: This place was recently flooded which is not the owner's fault. However, a little heads up via an email would have been a nice touch. We were a bit surprised at all of the sand bags and the signs of flooding. The inside smelled extremely musty. No idea why there would be carpet in a lake house but there was and it was yucky. We went and got some air fresheners and Febreez and after airing it out and cleaning the tub we found it manageable. The furniture is all VERY OLD. That being said, the beds were comfortable, there was cable and the WIFI did actually work really well.

The owner pretty much keeps to himself and lets you enjoy your stay. Although if you are not a dog person you will not like his dog being at your heels a lot of the time. We love dogs so it wasn't really an issue (except that we continually had to pick up his dog's poop out of the yard we were renting to be in). We only had 6 towels in the house on check-in but when we used them all my husband took them to the owner and we were promptly given six more so it was not an issue.

The most disappointing thing is probably just all the junk laying around outside. The view from our bedroom window was literally a pile of junk metal and who knows what else. Same with the deck and tiki bar....so much potential but a lot of broken items and crap just laying around everywhere. The place is really in need of some good ole TLC, a good cleaning and some elbow grease.

We actually had a miscommunication regarding what day we were leaving (our fault...not the owners) and we needed to stay an extra day. He did not have it rented for that night and was nice enough to give us a "discount". Although we appreciated that, I honestly felt like we should have gotten that last night free for all of the work and cleaning I had to do. But again, it was nice of him to let us stay the extra night. He did mention that he had a "cleaning crew" coming in. I'm not sure who he uses but I would NOT recommend them. They clearly just pick up and make sure everything is in it's place and do not do any deep cleaning.

All in all we ended up having a great vacation here. If you are not worried about cleanliness and want a fantastic view of the lake then this place would be okay. It would be great for a fishing trip and such. I would not be able to recommend this place to friends or family. I didn't even feel comfortable walking barefoot anywhere in the house and wore my flip flops the entire time.

We have family in the area that visited often to sit on the deck and I will say the owner was super nice about that and let us do our own thing. Oh and no air conditioning! We were concerned at first but we lucked out and had unseasonably cool temps and it was very comfortable.

I think if you know what you are getting then you would like this place a lot. We are not that high maintenance at all and we know the weather was out of their control but as we said, just the dirty appliances, tub, etc., set the tone for us so we would not go back.

OH and on the website it says "the deckhouse includes the lakeview cottage and the 2nd floor executive suite". We have no idea what that even means. We stayed in the deck house but we had no second floor anything unless he is talking about the deck.

Day one I would have said I was giving this place zero stars. But as I said, we did end up having a good vacation here and the view is beautiful so all in all I am glad we stayed here. OH YEAH, you pick up the keys from a liquor store in town (I think it is the owner's dad) and he is NOT NICE AT ALL!!!!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Daydream6...
“Great place to stay for our weekend fishing trip!”
Reviewed October 18, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Absolutely loved the location!!! It was just a few minutes down the road from Burt Dam. Then to come back and enjoy fishing from the pier or just right off the deck. It was exactly what we are looking for for a weekend of relaxation fishing and fun!!!

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location
Liked least: No cleaning supplies were provided such as dish soap or all purpose cleaners.
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ayesha H
“Perfect in every way”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Highly recommend this accommodation weather you are a couple or a large family
All mod cons plus very private with a breathtaking view
I could not find fault with this rental in anyway

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Getzville

Reviewed October 7, 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing