“One of our two Favorites in Western NY”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Carmella's Italian and Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 26, 2012

When we stay in Wilson for the summer we always make it to "Carmella's Coat of Arms" 3 -4 times. I wouldn't call it Mexican though, More of a NYC Italian with midtown sophistication. Never had a bad dinner here in my years. Small and romantic with sidewalk tables.

2  Thank Calzie48900
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We were visiting Olcott on 7/30/10 and we chose to have dinner at Carmella's Italian and Mexican Restaurant. Their menu offers both Italian and Mexican dishes created from family recipes. The service during our dinner was excellent, the food was incredible, the weather was nice, and the view of the lake from their outdoor deck was a perfect compliment to an excellent meal. My wife had a large steak wrap that she said was delicious and really outstanding. I had a large portion of hand-made lasagna that was clearly some of the best lasagna that I've ever eaten - ANYWHERE. Unlike much of the restaurant lasagna that I've ever been served, the lasagna at Carmella's was very moist. The flavors of the meat, cheese, and sauce were all distinguishable, but all blended together perfectly to make the dish so delicious. We had an order of hand-made cornbread that was well beyond any ordinary cornbread that you find in any typical restaurant. For desert, we both had a large slice of home-made carrot cake that was simply some of the best carrot cake we've had anywhere. We talked with both the new chef and the owner and learned from them that much of the food (including the lasagna) is all hand-made or prepared by hand, as are the deserts. And you know that once you taste the food. The prices are very reasonable for the large portions and excellent quality. Everything was perfect and we will definitely eat there again - no doubt about it. We dine out a lot during our travels, and I don't recommend any restaurant unless our experience there is a good one. If you appreciate quality food at fair prices, I honestly think you'll enjoy Carmella's. Enjoy!

1  Thank NYroadside