“Very nice stop while motorcycle touring”

Quality Inn Gran-View
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ogdensburg
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stopped here for a night while touring the seaway. Hotel was very nice, it has a pool but air temperature was in low fifties so did not go in. Great view of the St Lawrence from our room. The adjoining restaurant was very good and beneficial as hotel is outside of town to the west. Wifi was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for river view
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MJonesPE

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Clean and comfortable room here. Nice pool, nice grounds right on the St. Lawrence. Quick and efficient check in. Never a problem staying here. Nice little extras like lots of soaps and shampoos, free wi-fi, ice machines close by. No hassles, no problems and a good night's sleep. Everything you need.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat M
Reviewed August 4, 2014

First of all the reception staff at this super affordable hotel was excellent! The lady that checked us in was helpful and accommodating - we couldn't have asked for a better "front of house" reception.
My husband and I stayed in Room 103. We were able to park outside our hotel room door (saves dragging bags into a hotel up an elevator etc.) and we had a lovely balcony overlooking the grounds (large lawn and outdoor pool) and the St. Lawrence River.
The room was very clean and comfortable. The beds were firm but not overly so. The pillows were a bit on the small side, but as there were eight of them, it worked.
I would recommend this hotel as for the price, it was a very good find.
I'd stay here again with family of all ages.
Pets are allowed!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MGutscher
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We always take a room facing the river, at sunset the view can't be beat, room are always clean neat, quite Pool is very clean. They also own the restaurant next door which is just or better, the food is done to your perfection, and if you have a drink with your meal Jen goes out of her way to make sure its to your liking , every year when we travel throw the area we make it and stay every time, have stayed there several times now and Lou & Lisa are almost like family. I think is one of the best in the area.

Room Tip: Room 302 we find very nice and roomy Great views and next to the stairs that lead to the restaurant...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ronald S
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend in Ogdensbutg. It has amazing views of river!I loved sitting in the lounge chairs overlooking the rive. The pool area was nice and always kept clean Rooms where nice and clean
Overall nice stay
Seems to have a good reputation around town

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt K
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Spent two nights here, as we were visiting our Freshman Daughter. She needed a couple of days away from Campus, to get away from the stress of upcoming finals. The room was clean, comfortable and had a great view of the river. If the weather had been better, I would have joyously sat on the balcony, reading my book. Instead we took a day trip to Ottawa, CA which is a convenient hour fifteen away.
The room itself was comfy, though the bed was just a touch soft. It seemed warm, in the room when we first arrived. We were unable to get the air-conditioning adjusted properly, which would have been a problem except the weather allowed up to keep the window open. Be prepared to figure out a way to block out the outside light which comes through a window over the front door. It reflects off of the mirrored closet doors and will make sleeping in the far double bed difficult. I was able to block the window, using a couple of spare pillows, so it did not ruin the stay. The front desk staff were very nice and the housekeeping crew competent.
All in all, it was a pleasant experience and I will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Drpad
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were in town for a wrestling tournament on 4/6/14. I picked this hotel because of the TripAdvisor ratings. I do not think the price of the room matches what you get.
PRO:The room was clean, the bathroom was clean and had plenty of towels. The view was nice and had the weather been nicer we would have enjoyed the balcony. The restaurant on site was delightful but not exactly child friendly in terms of glasses ( a cub with a top or a plastic cup of some sort would have been a better option). But no biggie, really. And the breakfast included with our room satisfied our party (me, my 6 yo son and my husband). The hotel/motel was easy to find and there was ample parking. in my opinion.
Neutral: The bed was softer than I like but that is one of those things you can not control as a hotel.
CON: The air conditioner (it was too hot in our room!) was very loud and rattled when it would turn on. I use ear plugs when sleeping in the same room as my son (he talks and grinds his teeth in his sleep) and I was still woken up by the a/c turning on during the night.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Amanda R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ogdensburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville
Days Inn Brockville
Days Inn Brockville
#6 of 6 in Brockville
The Noble Suites Experiences

Been to Quality Inn Gran-View? Share your experiences!