“A Very Nice Place”

Quality Inn Gran-View
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ogdensburg
Reviewed December 5, 2007

I had read some not so nice reviews about the hotels in this area and I was a bit reluctant to stay in Ogdensburg. However, my husband needed to be there for work reasons so we had no choice. I can't tell you how nice our stay turned out to be. The room was clean. The staff attentive. The view was breathtaking. I was there for four days in September, so I couldn't use the outdoor pool. The best thing about this motel is the restaruant. The food is surprisingly good; well prepared, imaginative and with fresh ingredients. Have all your dinners here. You can eat and drink to your heart's content and then walk safely to your room. We went to the "Sholette's steak house" one night and found that it was more like a bar with bad bar food. McDonalds would have been better. Phoenix was a nice place for lunch. So, if you are going to Ogdensburg I highly recommend that you eat and sleep at The Quality Inn Gran View.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank linmccarthy

Reviewed December 4, 2007

We stayed at the Quality Inn for just one night and I must admit it was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were clean and the sheets & towels were of a decent quality and I found the staff to be most pleasant & accomodating. I would highly recommend if planning a stay in the area.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank barriefolks
Reviewed August 16, 2007

Nice scenic location on the St. Lawrence River. Landscaping/grounds were nicely kept.

Check-in was courteous and fairly quick (appeared to be a 1-person operation who takes phone reservations also). Our room was very clean and comfortable.

Free continental breakfast in the adjoining restaurant was satisfactory. The only thing I'd suggest is that they eliminate the waffle maker. When we came for breakfast, the area where the breakfast items were available was swamped by a family with young children and the waffle maker seemed to be the main "attraction". After standing by for a couple of minutes, we had to resort to several "excuse me's" so that we could "belly-up-to-the-table" (we passed on the waffle maker).

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fyrfightr17
Reviewed July 21, 2006

About 4 miles west of Ogdensburg, overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Fine rooms. Restaurant is not what it used to be. Unfortunately there are not many good restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank tvladv
Reviewed June 23, 2006

This is a basic hotel with some outstanding amentities. The rooms are fine, clean, A/C is noisy. The lawn leading down to the river is wonderful. It's probably a hundred yards wide and another hundred yards to the river. It's a great place to sit in their lawn furniture and soak up the peaceful surroundings. The pool is clear and clean. The owner lives on-site and keeps a close watch on things. Staff was very kind and helpful.

The restaurant tries too hard and offers too many items on the menu to be able to pull it off. My main-course salad was horribly wilted, french fries lukewarm, and coffee marginal. They offer a buffet, but we weren't there at the times it was offered. The service was friendly, although the waitress dropped a tray of drinks right behind my wife's chair. Crash and splash!

This is a very nice place to stay and would come here again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank alexnewberry
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
Reviewed May 7, 2006

I would highly recommend the Gran View if you are staying in the Ogdensburg/Massena North Country area. Based on experience, I typically have fairly low expectations for the Quality and Comfort Inn Chain of hotels. This place surprised me! Stay in rooms w/ a balcony; these rooms were recently renovated and are nicely appointed/designed, they have a big picture window and balcony that look over the St. Lawrence River, and the sunsets are breathtakingly beautiful. Plus all rooms come with a refrigerator/microwave. There is a restaurant associated with this hotel, but it’s not your typical hotel restaurant, its great! People come just for dinner. I will certainly be staying at this hotel should work/business bring me to the area again.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 25, 2006

Very happy with this hotel. I stay here for business on a regular basis. Clean,quiet and friendly. The staff are very helpful and pleasant. I could not ask for anything more.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank Julie P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ogdensburg
Comfort Inn
Best Western University Inn
Stonefence Resort
Stonefence Resort
#2 of 5 in Ogdensburg

Been to Quality Inn Gran-View? Share your experiences!