“The fish was excellent! ...but”
Review of The Place

The Place
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Ogdensburg
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We were passing through the 'burg' and stopped for supper. Nice little pub style restaurant though at the time there were loud voices carrying from the bar area to the dining area, it is quite open and our table was not in the back. The service was excellent, I had the Irish fish fry and my spouse had the sirloin steak with shrimp, we each had a drink. The fish was excellent, and so was the steak and shrimp, however the fries were only luke warm and the veggies tasted like they had sat in a steamer all day. I do not recall the total bill but I think it was less than $50.

1  Thank Boatshoppe

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I went to this restaurant on the advice of trip adviser reviews. Was pleasantly surprised. The food was varied and extremely well presented. Service was very good. The prices were much less than I expected, We spent $50.00 for 4 adults for lunch, I consider that to be affordable for appetizers, lunch and drinks.
Look forward to visiting next time I go to Ogdensberg.

2  Thank shopmang
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great pub style restaurant with a Irish theme. Consistantly good food with courteous and speedy service.

Varied pub style menu with daily specials

Reasonably priced. Lunch for two with one drink each costs around $25 including tip.

Well worth giving a try.

2  Thank DeefromOttawa
Reviewed September 8, 2011

If you happen to find yourself in this little border town, I recommend this spot for a good bite and a beer. The fried fish was tender and flaky (I believe it was halibut), the crunchy outside was perfect, not overly thick but nice and flavorful. Good fries as well. They even had decent cole slaw. My friend's burger was good, not sure how to describe its success as I'm not much of a burger fan. The Place doesn't look like much outside (or inside for that matter) but the folks were friendly and they served good food. Definitely made the right decision to try this place rather than fall for the chains by the highway.

1  Thank OldBarnacleJaffee