“Great place, friendly staff will return!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Great place, friendly staff will return!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

What more can you ask for? Friendly owner, friendly staff and down to earth. Great food, had smoked burger and some beer on tap and served properly! They even have white vinegar for us canucks! 2 meals with beers for less than $25? And I was stuffed, I really can't ask for much more.

The atmosphere is great too with the trains and plenty of parking. Will be back no question!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Amherstburg, Canada
“Great Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Let's see - first you take an old railway freight clearing shed and convert it to a bar with an attached dining room. The food was average and the prices were more than reasonable. The Staff are friendly, but the organization was terrible. The prime rib was poor and they ran out of baked potatoes (amazing - because everyone in pre-ordered their meal a month in advance).

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Fred R
Rochester, New York
“not bad not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was here recently on a weeknight. The place was nearly deserted. I had the lasagna which was fine. I got the soda refill without asking. The salad was very very small but included in the meal. I wouldn't call it dirt cheap at $13.50 but it was a lot less scary looking than the dirty gringo. The meal was fine but not memorable.

• Visited July 2013
Largo, Florida
“Best place in town for a nice sit-down meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Freight House was a former train station and still has quite a collection of train memorabilia. You can order a steak or pasta but do have their French Onion Soup!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank gingerdodds
Ottawa, Canada
“Good Burgers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I stopped into the Freight House for lunch while in Ogdensburg. A fairly large Restaurant the place was almost empty when we arrived at noon. The waitress was friendly enough but when I asked if they had any amber beers her answer was she wasn't sure. I decided to give the beer a miss and my wife and I both ordered the BBQ Burger with fries. The food arrived quickly and was really tasty. I wasn't fussed on the Restaurant decor being fairly dated with much Railroad memorabilia. Although the food was tasty enough, and very reasonable priced, I don't think that we would return for another meal.

• Visited April 2013