“Great food and service”
Review of Sole's Restauran - CLOSED

Sole's Restauran
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sole Restaurant in Oceanside is the supreme Long Island dining experience. It is the perfect gathering place for friends, family, or clients - everyone who appreciates great food. It has been ZAGAT Rated as one of the Best Italian Restaurants on Long Island since the doors opened in September of 2000. Owned by Chef Robert "Bobby" Carmosino, every meal at Sole is prepared with the finest quality foods, cooked to perfection and served by the friendly, knowledgeable staff. The full and extensive menu, aside from the signature daily house specialties of oven roasted fish, succulent duck, and pork osso buco, is rich in antipasti, unique salads, seafood specialties, mouth-watering meats, and delicious desserts. Chef Carmosino believes that good food equals good times. And a good time is guaranteed every time you dine at Sole. The cozy, friendly atmosphere is inviting and just one bite will convince you that the food is clearly the best food under the sun. Even the most discerning diner will be satisfied.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Food is stellar. Great atmosphere and well made drinks. You will love this place. Well worth the wIt. Weekend reservation for parties of 5 or more only.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I recently went to Solé for My Mom's birthday without my family and was a bit dissapointed with My food. It used to be a great place with a great atmosphere but perhaps the chef has changed. My capellini with shrimp was swiming is sauce however the grilled park chops ordered by my son was terrífic. The service was OK.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We dine here several times a year .We have always had wonderful wait service and good food.
We usually buy gift certificates and use them ourselves.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

A very good friend of mine had been raving about this restaurant, ever since he and his girlfriend had dinner there a few weeks ago; so on his recommendation, the four of us had dinner together there last night.
This is a nicely appointed well lit restaurant with comfortable seats. They have a menu, from which anyone who likes italion food will find something that sounds enough to order.
The service is excellent, and prices are reasonable....BUT and here is the problem. If not for everything else I have already mentioned, I would have given Sole's a two star, or possibly one star rating instead of three. My first red flag came up when my Osso Bucco arrived with a very large steak knife with which to cut it. Osso Bucco , if prepared correctly should fall of the bone. I had to saw this meat off the bone. It was also tough to chew. The sauce was pretty good, but hey I didn't order a plate of sauce for dinner. My wife ordered the veal parm. It too was not as tender as it should have been. She gave me a taste, and afterwards on the way home we both agreed that the pizza place a couple of blocks from where we live, served better veal parm. The canoli chips for dessert were ok, nothing special. It's unfortunate, but this is not a restaurant I can or will recommend.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a great meal here years ago-- was great pasta then. Now not so good. Yes the prices are reasonable and the portions are large, but the food needs to be more tasty, more seasoned. Where is that "Italian grandmother" in the kitchen-- that is what is missing. We didn't like the bolognese dish, the fish was better, but bland. Sign states Sole has been open ten years. They will give you a coupon for a discount if you return. Our waiter was very pleasant. Reservations are taken from Sunday to Thursday only, otherwise on Friday and Saturday first come first served.