“Good italian, reasonable prices”
Review of Sole's Restauran - CLOSED

Sole's Restauran
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sole Restaurant in Oceanside is the supreme Long Island dining experience. It is the perfect gathering place for friends, family, or clients - everyone who appreciates great food. It has been ZAGAT Rated as one of the Best Italian Restaurants on Long Island since the doors opened in September of 2000. Owned by Chef Robert "Bobby" Carmosino, every meal at Sole is prepared with the finest quality foods, cooked to perfection and served by the friendly, knowledgeable staff. The full and extensive menu, aside from the signature daily house specialties of oven roasted fish, succulent duck, and pork osso buco, is rich in antipasti, unique salads, seafood specialties, mouth-watering meats, and delicious desserts. Chef Carmosino believes that good food equals good times. And a good time is guaranteed every time you dine at Sole. The cozy, friendly atmosphere is inviting and just one bite will convince you that the food is clearly the best food under the sun. Even the most discerning diner will be satisfied.
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Going at least once a month, I've had the opportunity to sample quite a bit of the menu. The food is consistently good, and the prices are reasonable. They offer special deals all the time, but watch out for that "Cash Only" restriction.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My children and I visited this restaurant during the week and we were impressed with the appetizers . The shrimp tempura was light and flaky served with a mango sauce. The caesar salad had a good homemade dressing with a touch of anchovies flavor. My kids asked for linguini Alfredo that was not on the menu but they prepared it upon request. The staff was friendly and the manager walked to each table and introduced himself. I was skeptical about going based on some of the reviews and I am glad that I went and will return.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The food at Sole is exemplary. The pork chop with cherry peppers was moist and cooked to perfection. Two fish dishes, swordfish and salmon, were highly regarded as was a large serving of Osso Bucco. Salads are ample; try the pear. A very nice Chianti was available for twenty four dollars, a surprise and a treat. Service is attentive and friendly. The restaurant has been a neighborhood favorite for many years. They honored an on line reservation in under ten minutes; however, a couple audibly complained that they had been waiting longer than we were and stil not seated. Walk ins will certainly have that problem. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My wife and i were given a gift certificate to this restaurant for Christmas. We never looked at the date that it was valid. The certificates sold at Christmas are only valid after the New Year. My wife and I unfortunately went before the first of the year. Unaware, I put the certificate and a $30 tip in the billfold. The hostess ran after us as if we were trying to beat the check. My wife and I were humiliated. I was so disgusted that I handed the gift certificate back to the hostess telling her that I was not interested in using it until a manager would address this issue. After the initial request and several other attempts, no one ever responded. If this is the way that Sole conducts business,I could never recommend this restaurant to anyone.

2  Thank ab2160763
Reviewed July 10, 2012

from the rude obnoxious greeting to the overcrowding . then the manager had the nerve to say if you don't like it go to another restaurant... they should close their doors with a manager like that!!! they said they do not take reservations but when i called they took my reservation on the phone ... make up your mind!

1  Thank tinkerbellwp