“My Mother's First Visit to an IHOP”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #19 of 87 Restaurants in Oceanside
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Visiting my mother, while on vacation, she confessed that she had never been to an IHOP. IHOP stands for International House of Pancakes, but I think they are marketed as IHOP, nowadays. They don't just do pancakes. Excellent egg meals are available, including steak and eggs, as part of all-day breakfast service. They also do burgers, sandwiches, salads, soups, and dinners. My mother was born in Oceanside, so it seemed fitting that we chose to stop at the Oceanside IHOP for her first visit. There is a discounted menu selection for those ages 55 and over. My mother took advantage of that, while I, being a few months short of my 55th birthday, selected from the regular menu. Our bill cam to almost exactly the same as we spent at Shake Shack, the week before, but we got much more food at IHOP and ended up feeling stuffed. The service was cheerful and friendly. The food may not be the greatest in the world, but it's good basic fare at a reasonable price.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Prices are fare ,food is good as is the service . The night my friend and I came it was quite crowded vut we only has to wait about 5 minutes before being seated.