“Nice Ocean beach restaurant!!”

Castaway Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Ocean Beach
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Their happy hour is great and their oyster and clams specials are worth the trip. The fact that they have AC is a big reason to go because the day I was on Fire Island it was a heat wave that week with temperatures were in the 90's. I really liked their oysters rockafeller, clams casino, baked clams and the mahi mahi tacos. I didn't do the hour happy because they ran out of the twisted tea and beer was the only thing left for the hour which I don't drink. But overall I had I good experience there.

There are newer reviews for Castaway Bar & Grill

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Came to Castaway Bar & Grill for something quick to eat. The food was great, the service was fast and the price was reasonable. This is one of the better restaurants/bars in Ocean Beach. We go to Castaway's every time we come to OB!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Burger was very good, as was the mahi mahi sandwich. Had a salad on the side which was very fresh. I'd go back.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great atmosphere, quiet and cozy. Food was fresh, great attention to detail. Raw bar was outstanding

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great place to eat on fire island. Great selection of local beers. Especially enjoyed the mix of fries with my meal.

1  Thank zoojoe44