“Delicious!”

Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Ocean Beach
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Food was great and everything on the menu had reasonable prices. Our waitress was extremely kind. If you're in ocean beach you gotta eat at castaway!

1  Thank Tracy A
There are newer reviews for Castaway Bar & Grill

Reviewed June 2, 2011

This was my 2nd time to this nice little hangout in OB, FI and again I was happy with the service and the food. I'd like to thank Jon the owner and the staff there. I called only a couple days before on a busy holiday weekend for a table for 15 to celebrate a friend's 30th bday with apps and drinks and they had the table waiting, right on time. Thanks. Food was good, drinks were large, noisy but fun as always. Thanks for a good time!

2  Thank emstraveler349
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Eating out in F.I. is just plain expensive. So when you do eat out you want tasty food. Castaway is yummy, tasty! Had a coconut shrimp appetizer, highly recommend, and the Sirloin French Dip Sandwich, delish. The chef even substituted salad for fries. So accommodating. Not to mention I had called 10 min before they stopped serving to ask if we could still come. Not only did they comply but they also had our table ready when we arrived! So cool. The waitress and bartender were super nice and me and mine just had the best time :)

2  Thank fallenidol234
Reviewed June 21, 2009

The food here is very good. Everything we ordered was top notch. Calamari, Filet Mignon, I had the pasta special.....it was pasta night. A combination of 3 types of pasta. Delicious. BUT.......let me just say, I ALWAYS order Oysters....usually Rockerfella and the Oysters here are AMAZING. Funny small world.....found out my neighbor supplies there oysters and they are "diver caught" . . Let me tell you.....seriously the best oysters I have ever had. As a matter of fact we are going back over there today for 2 more orders of them:)
Kerri

2  Thank KerriSayville
Reviewed August 15, 2008

Living and working on fire island for the summer means i end up going out to eat more often then not. Castaway is great because the prices are not so bad and everything is delicious! I cannot stress enough how amazing the chef is. They have great specials on different days (Tuesdays Mexican night is my favorite) and the best baked clams around.

If youre looking for a good meal that isnt in the typical ocean beach price range, take it from someone who knows the island and try Castaway Bar & Grill.

2  Thank courtmp