“Good Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Holtsville, New York
“Good Food”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Service was great, our waiter was very attentive. We had basic apps that were very good. The bread was absolutely perfect! Would recommend.

Visited June 2014

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Best place in Ocean Beach. Water views unbeatable.”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

if you go, you must sit outside on the water. Easy to do for an early dinner on a weekday which is when we were there; really tough to do on weekends. The wine list is solid and reasonably priced by FI standards. We were there with two kids under 4 and had a great meal - the staff made us feel very welcome and the kids enjoyed the meal. The seafood is top-notch and I had a burger that was very solid as well. The BBQ sliders are okay, but not great. The views on a clear day are breathtaking, especially around sunset.

• Visited June 2014
Forest Hills, New York
“STILL DELICIOUS AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been going to Ocean Beach on and off for over forty years, and one of the things that I am delighted to say has not changed (or at least has changed very little) is Maquire's. I'm not only speaking of the quality of the food (which has always been top-quality and delicious!), but also of the atmosphere; from the moment you walk in (and see the tank of live lobsters, the eating area itself is spacious, both inside and on the terrace, to make the dining experience enjoyable. The prices may be on the slightly high side (what isn't, on Fire Island?), but the food, the cheerfulness of the serving staff and the relaxed atmosphere make eating here a pleasure. As I said, I dined here with my parents as a child, and even now I get a slight kick about being able to pay for a good meal with my own means (either in cash or with a credit card) and I always look forward to eating at Maguire's at least once a summer.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tony S
Long Island, New York
“Best on the island”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

After a terrible dining experience at C.J.'s bar and grille, and a mediocre experience at The Island Mermaid, my boyfriend and I got drinks at Magurie's after stumbling upon it. Maguires is at the end of the main strip of stores and restaurants in ocean beach, but it is definitely worth the walk. I finally tried the island's most beloved drink the Rocket Fuel, which is just a stronger pina colada, and my boyfriend had a margarita. The service was great, and the waiter even gave us warm sourdough bread and whipped butter while we were waiting for our cocktails. The few was incredible as well. I would definitely come back and have a full meal here next time I visit ocean beach.

• Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Very good place”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We love Maguire's, we eat there pretty much every time we go to Ocean Beach. They have terrific food, and an amazing view. The food is expensive, but worth it.

• Visited August 2013