“STILL DELICIOUS AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maguire's Bay Front Restaurant

Maguire's Bay Front Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Ocean Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Forest Hills, New York
“STILL DELICIOUS AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been going to Ocean Beach on and off for over forty years, and one of the things that I am delighted to say has not changed (or at least has changed very little) is Maquire's. I'm not only speaking of the quality of the food (which has always been top-quality and delicious!), but also of the atmosphere; from the moment you walk in (and see the tank of live lobsters, the eating area itself is spacious, both inside and on the terrace, to make the dining experience enjoyable. The prices may be on the slightly high side (what isn't, on Fire Island?), but the food, the cheerfulness of the serving staff and the relaxed atmosphere make eating here a pleasure. As I said, I dined here with my parents as a child, and even now I get a slight kick about being able to pay for a good meal with my own means (either in cash or with a credit card) and I always look forward to eating at Maguire's at least once a summer.

• Visited May 2014

Long Island, New York
“Best on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

After a terrible dining experience at C.J.'s bar and grille, and a mediocre experience at The Island Mermaid, my boyfriend and I got drinks at Magurie's after stumbling upon it. Maguires is at the end of the main strip of stores and restaurants in ocean beach, but it is definitely worth the walk. I finally tried the island's most beloved drink the Rocket Fuel, which is just a stronger pina colada, and my boyfriend had a margarita. The service was great, and the waiter even gave us warm sourdough bread and whipped butter while we were waiting for our cocktails. The few was incredible as well. I would definitely come back and have a full meal here next time I visit ocean beach.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Very good place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

We love Maguire's, we eat there pretty much every time we go to Ocean Beach. They have terrific food, and an amazing view. The food is expensive, but worth it.

• Visited August 2013
East Islip, New York
“yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

make a reservation fantastic!!!!! I cant wait to come back may 22,2014 for a amazing dining experience

Visited May 2014
Deer Park, New York
“Atmosphere is fantastic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Exactly what we wanted, beautiful deck with great views of bay. Great place for cocktails to relax. Food was good but really not the reason for going here, atmosphere is what it was about.

Visited August 2013