The Palms Hotel Fire Island
$119
ClarionHotels
$153
GardenInn.com
All reviewsbeach chairsthe main hotelfull kitchenget awaymini suitebay beachrocket fuelstaff memberan umbrellapresidential suitelast weekendturn down servicebattery parktreated like royaltysutton placefull sizethe entire staff
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was booked in the main hotel with reservations for a room with a king bed, I asked to see it along with the king bed located in the bungalows (one block west). The main hotel room was smaller than the bungalow... the bungalow was larger and newer (the rooms are small) I did choose the bungalow on the first floor, all was acceptable, it was clean, had a small refrig., amenities etc. My only complaints they obviously do not have insulation for sound, I actually heard the woman sneeze in the above room, It was a weekday, I don't think it was fully occupied, otherwise I imagine it would be extremely noisy, also for me the bed was hard I was anticipating a more comfortable mattress. All in all it was a very pleasant visit, grounds were nice and staff was pleasant and accommodating...Cost was high, $440 a night...I am sure I will return.... My family was in the Chelsea cottage during my stay, they were also happy with their accommodations. It was a great visit to Fire Island by all...

Room Tip: If staying in the Bungalows I wouldn suggest the second floor...perhaps less noise??
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Providence-12
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed with 10 girls in one of the suites right on the private beach at the bay. Everything was clean and the service was awesome. There was some walking from the Primary House where the check in was to our property, but we had one of the employees help us with the luggage without us even asking for assistance. Super attentive!!!
Two of us spent an extra night and they booked us into another room without a problem and took care of our luggage once again. The second room was on the other part of the town but again eveything is so close by that it really didn't matter. Room was clean, we had a fridge and the bathroom was big, loved the shower! Everything was newly renovated!
We loved the private beach!
Ken was amazing and went above and beyond to make us as comfortable as possible. Shane was also a great help in the evening! We definitely couldn't have asked for better service!!!
We will certainly will be back next year for some Fire Island weekend fun!!! Thanks to everybody!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnDe788
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ocean Beach, Fire Island is a wonderful place to get away and the Palms Hotel is the best alternative if you don't have a house there. The hotel staff, while laid-back, is sweet and tries hard. The hotel makes the wait to check-in at 4 PM easy by providing a place to store luggage, change and pick up bikes, chairs, etc...However, the high price they charge is not justified in what you get. Our room (an efficiency in the bay-side property) was small. The shower was a dark stall with not so much as a soap dish inside. Though it's an efficiency there is not even a chair, much less a table, in the room, so if you want to eat anything there you have to do it standing or sitting on a bed. The free "pastries" that they provide in the morning are sugar cookies that the fellow on-duty took from a package and put on a plate with his bare hands. Also, details like sloppily installed electrical outlets and door hardware are not what you expect when you're paying around $500/night. For $200 a night, I could overlook all this, but for the price, even with the perfect location, I expect a lot more.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 179Shopananny
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Five girlfriends and I stayed at The Palms for an evening away with great friends and relaxation on our minds. We had such an amazing time! Our suite was absolutely beautiful with plenty of room and space. The staff at the Palms were friendly, helpful and extremely accommodating. When the weather didn't cooperate and it started to rain, they gave us umbrellas so we could stay dry while we shopped. Although the beaches, restaurants and shopping helped to make our trip great, the Palms is what would bring us back again. We truly thank them for going above and beyond...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Palm Bay in July - with a 4:00 check-in and luggage had to be left at Palm Hotel a bit of a walk it was inconvenient to say the least HOWEVER a return visit made possible by the very accommodating manager Laura M. to Palm Hotel was a winner. Booked 8 person suite was upgraded to Lexington Cottage which was fantastic! Staff friendly and helpful nice amenities so what was previously a sour stay was turned into a paradise vacation. Stores and restaurants expensive so be prepared. An earlier check -in would be better.

• Stayed: August 2013