“Israeli food in a charming old house.”
Review of art cafe of nyack

art cafe of nyack
Ranked #1 of 80 Restaurants in Nyack
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Art Cafe's cuisine is inspired by the many coffee shops that you might find in the streets of Tel Aviv and Europe, with a mix of traditional Israeli recipes and some new creative flavors. Not only do we have a passion for great taste but we also focus on food being healthy. We strongly believe in the phrase "you are what you eat" so we integrate Organic products wherever possible into our dishes. Our focus on such great quality and flavor has led us to Blue Bottle Coffee, a fully Organic and fresh brand of coffee based in Oakland, that pairs well with many of our dishes.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was the most interesting and delicious lunch I've enjoyed in a long time. The menu offers some dishes I'd never heard of. My husband and I shared a malawach and a torti. The malawach is made of thin dough and is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It was filled with eggplant, red onion and hard boiled egg. The torti is thin round dough, filled and prepared in a panini press.. the one we had was filled with spinach and the creamiest feta cheese we've ever tasted. Both were accompanied by salads that were very fresh and topped with seeds and nuts. We also had delicious French press coffee. It's worth the toll across the Tappan Zee Bridge to walk around Nyack and lunch here!

1  Thank scooperman

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Incredible food! Atmosphere! Coffee! wow! I highly suggest stopping by if you are close by! A regular hangout for locals!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Many health choices that please the eye and palate. Buckwheat cakes filled with ricotta, loaded with fresh strawberries and blueberries was one choice. Another was an Israeli bread wrap of eggplant, hard-boiled egg, and white cheese accompanied by a generous side salad with a tangy dipping sauce for the "sandwich." Many unfamiliar (to us) offerings, but also quiche, Israeli couscous. Coffee was organic and superb. We bought a bag of beans to take home. Cafe atmosphere in one of the older houses that line Broadway in Nyack and South Nyack. A real pleasure except for the parking ticket we acquired during our meal, due to not seeing a kiosk for on street parking. (Even after the ticket, we didn't see the kiosk.)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I got to stop in at the Art Cafe of Nyack last Sunday for an early dinner. It was busy (which is always a good sign) but I was seated right away. My waitress was friendly and was knowledgeable at answering all my questions. I had a Malawach filled with goat cheese, date honey and onion. It was the perfect combination of sweet and salty! I could not help myself from licking the melted goat cheese off my fingers. The salad that comes with the Malawach was uneventful. I did however enjoy my hot full body cup of coffee.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Cozy with a wide mix of clienetelle - artsy types, retirees with grandkids, soccer moms, lovely ladies visiting from Cannes with big sunglasses - you name it. Everyone seems to love the Mediterranian/middle eastern food at this something-for-everybody spot. Several unusual taste combinations makthee for delightful surprises. And how many places serve minutes-old pita?
In good weather, try to score a table on the brick patio next to the beautifully vined entrance wall.