“Delicious and Authentic”
Review of art cafe of nyack

art cafe of nyack
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Nyack
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Art Cafe's cuisine is inspired by the many coffee shops that you might find in the streets of Tel Aviv and Europe, with a mix of traditional Israeli recipes and some new creative flavors. Not only do we have a passion for great taste but we also focus on food being healthy. We strongly believe in the phrase "you are what you eat" so we integrate Organic products wherever possible into our dishes. Our focus on such great quality and flavor has led us to Blue Bottle Coffee, a fully Organic and fresh brand of coffee based in Oakland, that pairs well with many of our dishes.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Art Cafe is a great place for breakfast or lunch any time, but it is especially nice on a day suitable for outdoor dining. The food is wonderful; an interesting selection of middle eastern foods (no meat served here). I love the Malawaches-the dough is scrumptious. The borekas are also amazing. Not a coffee drinker, I can't personally vouch for it, but my friends love the French press. Go there! It will be a wonderful experience.

2  Thank LyndaNorwood

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The service here the past few times I went was extremely slow. However this quirky little cafe makes up for it in its unique atmosphere and quality of food. I'm slightly obsessed with their toastinis.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Been to Art Cafe a few times for lunch. Very unusual. Hummus is awesome, served warm drizzled with olive oil and pita points. Best mushroom soup ever. Seating is tight with tiny tables, part of the ambiance. Cool and funky and fresh.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I live in Nyack and the Art Cafe is the spot! If you are needing breakfast, lunch, or dinner...this is the go to place. The atmosphere is laid back, warm and welcoming. The food is superb. The selection is vast and unique. I was so blown away by the food, I didn't even realize until my third time eating there that it is a vegetarian/vegan restaurant....and believe me, you will not miss the meat!
My personal favorites are the organic yogurt and granola (best granola ever, I swear), oatmeal (yum), shakshooka (scrumptious), malawach (amazing, it's like a middle eastern grill cheese made with flaky pastry), you HAVE to get the hummus with pita bread, John's balls, the ricotta pancakes....you get the point, :) You can't go wrong. I heard the coffee is delicious. The tea selections are great! Middle Eastern food is finger licking good!! I'm obsessed with this place.
Btw, the cost (that some might feel is 'expensive' completely justifies the Quality of the food and atmosphere of Art Cafe...100%.

1  Thank EthnicTresses
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

In town to visit family, I had time to kill and wanted to visit a cafe that offered specialty coffee. A few choices were available, Art Cafe stood out by way of a commitment to fresh roasted organic coffee, and foods.

My expectations were met 100%. I was greeted by a friendly employee and treated like it was important I was there.

I had the shakshuka signature dish. (Tomato, egg, spices and goat cheese.) It was wonderful.

The cold brewed coffee was excellent and I was impressed with a perfectly executed machiatto.

Baked goods and gourmet 'adam's chocolate', local art and music events add to the experience.

I can't wait to return.

1  Thank ColinJ508

Been to art cafe of nyack? Share your experiences!