“Best Western has always been the Best.”

West Gate Inn Nyack
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Nyack
Queens, New York
“Best Western has always been the Best.”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I checked into the hotel feeling alone a afraid because of my situation. I knew I was to be in Nyack for Alliance Theological Seminary's first Doctor of Ministry cohort class for nine days and needed the help of the manager. When I met Greg he assured me that all would be well and it was. The food, location of the hotel, the safety I felt, and the bed I slept in was just what I needed. I just want to thank you for everything.

I am on my way to being a better servant to the people and part of it is because of a great stay. God bless you.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Revtracey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I've been staying at 5 different hotels in the area, but this is where you will get the best value for the money. Clean room, helpful and friendly staff, etc.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2010

After staying at many Best Westerns across the country over the years, I'd earned a discount gift card that I wanted to use- so while in the area I made a reservation for this place.
You should know that it's a MOTEL, not a hotel, with all rooms accessed from the outside, and it's on a very busy corner.
Upon check in the front desk lady took a full ten minutes to check in and in the unneccessary confusion she had using my Best Western gift card, she neglected to return my driver's license in the photocopier- after I returned to my room and realized this, it took two phone calls and a visit to the front desk where she refused to admit her error before finally calling the room to say she did find it in the copier! After accepting my request to personally bring my license to my room, she then still did not offer an apology, only to blame ME because "the license was sticky, that's why it stuck to the top of the copier."
The room appeared quite clean, however there was a small dead bug in the shower, as well as a lost earring on the bed, and a lone cheerio on the floor.
Later my fiancee and I strolled over to the advertised "onsite bar & lounge," only to be rudely shooed away by the snippy hostess who immediately dismissed our "lack of dress code" and the fact that there was a cover. Wow, even outside NYC you get that ghetto street attitude. I'd rather drink in my room...or at the hotel restaurant that has beers.
I will say the next morning the front desk person was much nicer, and the staff in the diner-like on-site restaurant are very friendly and the continental breakfast voucher is actually cool because the food in the restaurant is decent.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank coreywit

Travelers are raving about these Nyack hotels

Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Picked this hotel as it was close to the Sleepy Hollow area and reasonably priced. Located the hotel easily as it's right off the interstate. The hotel was very quiet when we arrived, however this may just have been due to the fact that it was a Sunday night. First impressions were that we'd gone back in time. The hotel seemed to belong more in the late 70's/early 80's. I don't mean this in a bad way ,it was actually quite nostalgic.The lady on reception was friendly and offered us the choice of a ground or first floor room and provided us with vouchers for breakfast. .The hotel is actually more of a motel and you are able to park right outside your room. As a result the carpet does tend to show a little more wear and tear than normal. Other than that the room was clean although not oversized. Considering the proximity to the interstate the room was very quiet and you could hear no traffic noise. The breakfast the following morning was served in the hotels restaurant and was adequate. Overall a reasonable enough experience for the price.

• Liked — It's location.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank SteveHammer
san francisco
Reviewed April 6, 2008

I We were hesitant to stay here because of some bad reviews I had read, but there is a shortage of mid-range hotels in this area, so we went ahead and tried it. Our experience was pretty good. The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. The only problem we had was that the wireless internet in the room started fouling up on our second night and the staff could not fix it.
Even though the hotel is right next to the freeway, our room was very quiet and we slept well. It is possible, however, that some of the other rooms are less well protected from traffic noise. Another possible problem might be on Saturday nights(the only time the hotel nightclub is open) when dance parties are advertised. I wasn't there on Saturday, so I don't know, but it sounds like a potentially bad set up for a light sleeper.
This ain't the Ritz but it is fine for business travelers(if they get the wireless working again). Considering the high prices of some other local hotels, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank bungSanFrancisco
new york
Reviewed July 22, 2007

We stayed at Best Western Nyack on Hudson for 2 nights. The motel was easy to locate. The check in was quick but not as informative. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was well equipped. Unfortunately when we stepped out of the room the next day and returned in the afternoon, the room was not cleaned. We had stepped out again and it was still not cleaned. I had to look for room service and request clean towels, and told them not to even bother with doing the bed. The room service attendant whom I found was not the one assigned to our room, she basically told me that the first rooms that need to be cleaned first are those of the guest staying more than one night. We made our complaint upon check out and stated we would not come back. We went to the restaurant located near the lobby for breakfast and the food was horrible.
We did enjoy the lounge, they had salsa night and had salsa lessons so we took advantage of that.

• Liked — The comfort of the bed.
  • Disliked — No room service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jgilforjesus
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2005

checked in at 2am and the place was buzzing w people and music. room on the 2nd floor had a view of the local car wash (we expected a view of the hudson river at least). room must have been 95 degrees when we opened the door. set the thermostat to 55, the system to cool, and the fan to high. it only got hotter, alot hotter. so, cool turns on the heat. heat turns on the heat. we kept the door to the balcony open.

• Stayed April 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nyack
The Time Nyack
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Spring Valley
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to West Gate Inn Nyack? Share your experiences!