“Family Owned”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Nyack
Rangeley, United States
“Family Owned”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

graduations are stressful. This trip was made better by having a place to center. we were remembered by the staff from previous visits and would come again. Nyack on Hudson is not a place with all the bells and wistles, but comfie. Have to remember they are in a city atmosphere so noise is a constant. Breakfast is EXCELENT!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

the4pghs, General Manager at West Gate Inn Nyack, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Ana W,

Thank you for staying with us again. Our family and staff are always glad to see returning guests. This time of year can be a stressful time for travelers who have many different functions and events to attend. We find that guest such as yourself, look for a hotel that is a comfortable place to regroup and center. We are glad that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the great breakfast as well. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and review. We look forward to having you visit us again soon. Safe and happy travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel could use a facelift, but really it's fine. The temperature is hard to control... It's right next to the highway so there is easy access but there is some noise as well. About 5 mins from a really nice mall with tons of food. The diner at the hotel does have good cheesecake. It's true. The breakfast is wowowow great! They don't give rewards points on Corporate Lodging. That was a pretty big bummer because we were there for over a month. But I don't really have anything bad to say about the place.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank wtipton
the4pghs, General Manager at West Gate Inn Nyack, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Wtipton,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As a top contributor in Tripadvisor we appreciate your comments. Guest satisfaction is important to us. We take all feedback into consideration for continued improvements. As you mentioned some of the positive reasons for staying with us, close to the malls, the adjacent restaurant, the cheesecake, and the WOW great breakfast is a good deal! Most of our guests are pleasantly surprised to see the variety we offer with the hot made to order breakfast. Again, we thank you for your review and glad you had a good stay with us. Many happy travels.

Marcellus, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The bus stop was in front of the hotel which took us to the White Plains train station straight through to Grand Central Station! A full breakfast was included the cook was very good. It might not have a pool or other amenities that other Best Western's have, but for the cleanliness, food and convenience to Grand Central Station this hotel is a must. Oh, and the car wash across the street is cheap and excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Karen R,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Guest’s feedback is very important to us. We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the convenient bus stop in front of our hotel that has access to the train to Grand Central Station. Also glad you appreciated the value, cleanliness, food, and utilized the car wash across the street that is very economical. Thank you for pointing out all the positive services, amenities and conveniences we offer. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Niantic, Connecticut
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was a little skeptical about staying at this hotel due to the bad reviews, but I am Diamond with Best Western, stay in their hotels 125 nights a year, and love using my points for almost free vacations every summer. So, I decided to take a chance. The building is probably about 60 years old and it shows. When I pulled up, someone was powerwashing the outside, so I figured that they must be doing their best. Front desk staff was OK, not overly friendly but not rude either. When I got to the room (exterior entrance, I'm not a huge fan but I can deal with it), the decor was dated, the furniture was a little worn, but it looked clean. I stayed two nights. The TV reception was decent with a decent amount of channels, the fridge and microwave worked well, and the wifi signal was strong. The real problem was after I checked out. On my drive home, I discovered about 25-30 bed bug bites on my back and upper arms. Obviously not a major infestation, but something worth taking seriously. I called the hotel and spoke with an assistant manager who seemed very concerned and said she would have the manager contact me. He did so, and seemed to be reading from a script describing their pest control procedures and lecturing me about how they can't control what other people bring in. In the last six years I've probably spent 750 nights in hotel rooms, I get it. We ended the conversation on Friday with him telling me he would bring in an exterminator to look for evidence of bed bugs in my room and then would get back to me. As of tonight, Tuesday evening, I have heard nothing. I'm not one to flaunt my status with Best Western, but as someone who stays well over 100 nights a year with Best Western, I would have appreciated more than what I got... maybe an offer to credit one night to my card (which does me no good since it's a corporate card, but the offer would have been appreciated), or maybe throw me a bunch of Best Western points. Their response was disappointing at best. I've attached pictures of my bites.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank MattBart3975
the4pghs, General Manager at West Gate Inn Nyack, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear MattBart3975,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for an inconveniences during your stay with us. As explained during our conversation, we do have our exterminator come in on a regular schedule to treat and prevent any type of bug problems. All our beds are encased and sealed for added protection. Our exterminator was called in again to recheck the room you occupied and nothing was found. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and your feedback. It provides us with information needed to correct problems and improve overall services and satisfaction to all our guests.

Greg Parseghian, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Nyack hotels

Reviewed June 7, 2014

The hotel is a great value.Check in and out is easy. Clean rooms,halls and restaurant. Friendly people.Free breakfast is ala-carte with good choices.. Good food...GREAT Cheesecake! Close to the Hospital.The only problem is Hard Beds.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
the4pghs, General Manager at West Gate Inn Nyack, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Joseph janosky J,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We at Best Western appreciate all customer feedback in order to provide better services to all our guests. First, we wish your mother a speedy recovery. Guests that need to utilize Nyack Hospital for any reason do appreciate the convenience of our location, as we are also within walking distance to the hospital. We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, and even tried the blue ribbon cheesecakes! We hope to see you again under better circumstances in the near future. Thank you again for your review.

lynn, ma, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel eating establishment was great. The food is severed fresh, hot and the staff is wonderful. The hotel itsself is not on the Hudson River but its close enough to malls and movie theaters. The hotel is going thru a cosmetic make-over and its plent of parking.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Michael H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is very important to us as we continually strive for guest satisfaction. We are glad to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed the food served hot in our restaurant. We are also glad you took advantage of the nearby malls, movie theaters, and all the shopping in the area. As you mentioned, the hotel is not directly in front of the Hudson River, but we are located in the village of Nyack which is a Hudson River town. Thank you again, and hope you come visit us again in the very near future.

Avon, Connecticut
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I thought that by the pictures and reviews that this was a nice hotel in the woods with trails nearby.
Nope! It is a motel almost under a highway overpass. And by trails did they mean sidewalks?? All night there was the sounds of big rigs, air brakes and horns. It was horrible and good luck needing an elevator as only one building has one. The rooms reek! My children's room reeked of urine and mine of fecal matter! And that smell from the time we walked in to check out never went away no matter how many times we opened the doors.There is also a dive bar attached to the hotel that is not shown on the site. Three stars?? I think not!!

Room Tip: Run the other way
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank MrsTravelalot2014
the4pghs, General Manager at West Gate Inn Nyack, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear MrsTravelalot2014,

Customer satisfaction is very important to us. We at Best Western take all feedback seriously from all our guests. We are are sorry you and family did not have a positive experience during your stay. However, we do not have elevators in any of our buildings, so not sure if you meant our property. We do always encourage our guest to come to the front desk and/or ask for management if there is any dissatisfaction with the rooms as it pertains to the problems you mentioned. We wish you the best and thank you for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nyack
The Time Nyack
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Candlewood Suites - Nanuet

Been to West Gate Inn Nyack? Share your experiences!