“Great Value”

West Gate Inn Nyack
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Nyack
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The rooms were nice and clean, we got free admission to the club, a free full breakfast at the restaurant the next morning and a 10% discount at the restaurant in the evening as well. It was a great value. I will definitely go there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
the4pghs, General Manager at West Gate Inn Nyack, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Miriam S,

We value all of our customer’s feedback. We are pleased you experienced our comfortable clean rooms which are decorator designed with added amenities. Its great that you were able to take advantage of the free admission to our West Gate Lounge, which features live Salsa music and dancing on Saturday Nights, and Disco on Friday Nights. Glad you enjoyed our complimentary full hot breakfast made to order at our on-premise West Gate Restaurant, which also serves lunch and dinner. The restaurant is also home of the award winning blue ribbon Cheesecakes by Lisa, our Dining Room/Banquet Manager. A must try on your next visit with us! Thank you for your review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again real soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Good deal for the price. Older style with outside doors but clean and bed comfortable. Noise from area a bit much but did quiet down by bed time. Restaurant feed was better than most hotel complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Gregory P, General Manager at West Gate Inn Nyack, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Chris C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are very glad that your stay here at Best Western Nyack on Hudson met your needs. Our goal is for customer satisfaction and to make our rooms comfortable for all our guests. Our guests rave about our complimentary hot breakfast made to order at our on-site restaurant. Next time try our award winning cheesecakes by Lisa! Thank you again, and we hope to see you on future travels.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night before heading into Sleepy Hollow for a tour of Kykuit. I usually like staying at Best Westerns but this place was a total disappointment. I booked the room in advance because it was one of the less expensive places near Sleepy Hollow. I wish I would've spent a little extra money and stayed elsewhere. The entire building was extremely outdated and looked very sketchy. All of the rooms open up to the outside. As we pulled up, I told myself the rooms HAVE to look better than the outside... surely they've been updated. As soon as I walked into our room, I noticed a weird, stale odor. The carpet was disgusting -- very old and worn with visible stains everywhere. Trying to be optimistic, I noticed a mini-fridge and started to point out that we could put some of our drinks in it. Then I saw the gross spider on the fridge door and quickly backed away. The beds (yes I booked a room with two full beds because it was cheaper than a room with a queen) didn't have comforters on them, just sheets. The mattresses were hard and I did not sleep well. I noticed some sort of black mold or mildew in the bathroom on the floor next to the tub. Our A/C didn't work that well so our room was rather stuffy all night (guess I didn't need a comforter after all....). We also had to go around the room and plug in anything we wanted to use. Everything had been unplugged (to save energy?). The room did come with a free breakfast in the hotel restaurant but we didn't stay long enough for the food. I was so disappointed with the room I just wanted to get out of there. After driving nine hours, the last thing I wanted was to stay in a dirty hotel room, but that's what I got. Not a good value for the price at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank parker31
Gregory P, General Manager at West Gate Inn Nyack, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Parker31,

We take pride in providing great hospitality for our guests and take their observations with great concern. We deeply apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We value your feedback and will continue to focus on problem areas to ensure our guests overall satisfaction. Currently our beds have triple sheeting which is comprised of two sheets with a blanket in between, plus a fitted sheet. In order to comply with Best Western’s standards, we have removed our traditional bed spreads and are in the process of replacing them with new comforters / duvets. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

never would return to stay at this hotel. when I enter the first thing I did not like was the smell he had, lamps ensender could not, then I'll put my kids milk in the fridge and did not work and the beds that deception waoo stained sheets. floor mats, super old and terribly dirty. I definitely be back to this hotel ever again. Best Western Nyack on Hudson.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Mildred B

Dear Mildred B,

We want to thank you for posting your review and especially identifying these issues with your particular room. Management will be working closely with housekeeping to make sure these issues are addressed. We hope you would reconsider staying with us again in the future. Again, we thank you for bringing these to our attention.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

What a dump. Nyack on the Hudson, in reality, is motel on the freeway. This hotel/motel is completely neglected and outdated. When you can't tell if the room trappings or old or dirty, you know you have a grungy hotel. The sheets are threadbare, tub stained beyond cleaning and carpet in need of replacement. You know you're in trouble when you make sure your toothbrush and razor never touches the counter. It may be clean, but it is so old and dingy that you don't want to risk it. To top it all off, the freeway noise prevents any REM sleep. The best part of this hotel is leaving.

Room Tip: Select another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank SolipsisticToo

Dear SolipsisticToo,

We are very sorry that your experience here at the Best Western was less than expected. We do value our customer’s feedback and take them very seriously. Yes, we are a hotel with outdoor corridors conveniently located off of thruway exit. However, we take much pride in the cleanliness of our facilities. We are in the process of renovating some of the rooms in need of repair and that includes some of the carpeting. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you visit with us in your future travels.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

In general, I like Best Western Hotels. They are almost always a pleasant surprise. The Nyack on Hudson Best Western was a bad surprise. The room was not clean, there were 20 or 30 broken tiles in the shower, and somehow I’d failed to notice when I booked that all the doors were outside doors (less security than I prefer) and the hotel itself is located on the noisiest street I’ve every stayed on. There is a 24 hour cacophony of horns, sirens, alarms etc. Considering the relatively high price I paid to stay there it does not even qualify as a good budget hotel. I will not be returning – ever.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Consultantgal
Gregory P, General Manager at West Gate Inn Nyack, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Consultantgal,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your stay with us at the Best Western Nyack on Hudson. We take our guests' observations and comments with great concern. We value your feedback and are taking every measure to ensure that all our guests are satisfied with their stay. As you mentioned, we do have exterior corridors, and we do have many satisfied guests that enjoy the convenience of parking in front or near their room. Our management team is working with housekeeping to take care of these items that you brought to our attention. We apologize that your stay was not more pleasurable and thank you for making us aware of the condition in the room you had stayed in. We take pride in the Best Western name and aim to improve in all areas.

Gregory Parseghian

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this motel last week. It's an older motel, but clean and neat with nice furnishings. The staff was pleasant. There were extra towels, and as is the case with older motels, there were towel racks in the bathroom! I appreciate that. The WiFi worked well. Breakfast is served in the adjoining restaurant and features sit-down service, a nice extra. I had a delicious hamburger the night before in the restaurant/bar.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Gregory P, General Manager at West Gate Inn Nyack, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Marie S.
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the good value our property offers. We value all guest feedback as we strive to bring our best value. We glad you took note of the towel racks in the bathroom as we think it is a necessary feature that will never go out of style! A number of our guests are very pleased with our hot breakfast and having the added feature of the adjoining restaurant makes it convenient for guest. By the way, one of the favorites at the restaurant, are the hamburgers. We hope to see you here again, and this time try our award winning cheesecakes. Safe travels.
Gregory Parseghian

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nyack
The Time Nyack
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne

Been to West Gate Inn Nyack? Share your experiences!