“Enjoyable Summer Dinner”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street and Broadway
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Found this bistro on TripAdvisor and Yelp with nice reviews when planning our 1st visit to Nyack to meet friends coming south from Maine. Turned out to be a perfect choice. Well-prepared dishes with call-outs for the grilled squid with radicchio and endive with pesto. Superb tasting and ample appetizer. Pasta with a duck ragu entree was an enjoyable treat even though the chef swapped the noodles for pasta without notification. Fresh crusty bread with rosemary-flavored olive oil was a real pallet pleaser. Room had casual sophistication glow and wait staff were attentive -- although our waiter was removing entree dishes before waiting for all diners to compete their meal. A little too hasty but it didn't affect the overall visit. Would return to try more dishes.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I recently had dinner at Lanterna's. The food was excellent and a bottle of wine was reasonable\y priced. THe only negative was the tables are places to close together. You can't avoid listening the the next tables conversion. All in all it was pretty good.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Three couples dined at Lanterna Tuscan Bistro in downtown Nyack, New York. The waitress brought warm bread that had a crisp exterior crust with a soft interior. We dipped the bread in the olive oil with spices over one round of drinks. We shared the cold antipasti as our appetizer. Three of us ordered the pasta trio which was composed of lobster ravioli, gnocchi and a modified Bowtie pasta in a Bolognese sauce. Two others ordered the straight portion of gnocchi and a salad while the third ordered the baked cod with vegetables. Dessert was two tiaramasu and one chocolate cake for the ladies. The cappuccino machine was broken so two cups of espresso were served. When the bill came there was an 18% gratuity already added to the lunch bill bringing the total to just over $348.00 for the six of us. We requested the bill be evenly divided between the three couples which the restaurant did. The individual bills came with another space for a tip which would have been another gratuity added to the total if not for the comment by the individual who first saw the bill pointing out that the tip was already included. Makes you wonder how many groups over tip by not reviewing the bill when having a good time.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had lunch at Lanterna in Nyack this Sunday. My husband and I shared the grilled shrimp with cannellini beans---excellent and enough to share. I had the Fagolitini de Pollo, absolutely scrumptious, they call it a "pasta pillow", filled with organic chicken, and it is as light as a feather, smothered in julienne vegetables and a light sauce, it was too delicious to leave, and I literally ate every bite of the very ample serving. My husband had the pasta trio, gnocchi bolognese, ravioli with porcine mushrooms and cream sauce and another filled pasta with salmon, my husband is not a salmon lover, but declared that the salmon was perfect and so delicious! Now for my one disappointment, I asked the waiter if they had Prosecco, he said yes, I ordered a glass, my husband had a Bloody Mary, I wound up drinking 2 glasses of Prosecco and when the check came I saw it was $22 and my husband's drink was $6.50, I was a little surprised and asked the waiter, were the rather small glasses of Prosecco really $11 each, while the mixed drink was so little. He then went and fetched a menu and showed me that the Bloody Mary was on a special "summer drink" list--here is the crazy part---so is the Prosecco, however it came with a choice of flavors added--still perplexed, I said so if I got it without the flavor the price is almost double? Yes, was the answer! I am not accustomed to arguing over a bill, nor giving a bad review for good food over something like this and still left a 20% tip. But what effort would it have taken for the waiter, WHEN I ORDERED THE PROSECCO, to tell me " it is on a summer special list-would you like to see it" or even have just put the list on the table when we sat down!!! Be that as it may. I would go back for the food--The waiter was pleasant enough---it was just the most ridiculous thing!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Chef Rossano does an great job- we have never been disappointed. He offers classes and some special packages from time to time- and sometimes is on Groupon. Grab that deal if you can- a very good meal is always in store.