“Terrific atmosphere, delicious lunch!”
Review of Casa Del Sol

Casa Del Sol
Ranked #54 of 80 Restaurants in Nyack
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Spanish
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We made a spontaneous decision to have lunch at Casa Del Sol - I wish all my last minute decisions were as successful! The décor is authentic Mexican - complete with tables in an atrium entrance way decorated with Mexican masks, esqueletos, sarapes, etc. The bar to the right is not very large, but laden with Mexican memorabilia - including a clock that counts down to Cinco de Mayo, courtesy of Corona beer. Our quesadillas - one chicken, one Mediterranean vegetable - were excellent. The waiter asked if we had any special requests for the meal as soon as he had taken our order. I requested Monterey Jack in place of feta cheese. Lunch was much more than either of us was able to finish, so we each ended up taking half home with us. For that reason, I would suggest two people might have a completely satisfied sharing a lunch.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Although I absolutely LOVED the décor, the food was odd and just not very good. If you want a Margarita and some Guac & chips it might be ok, (saw them making Guac tableside but did not order) to just enjoy the eclectic décor. Lots of (dia de los muertos????sp) figurines that are fascinating, and a very cool mosaic in the womens bathroom. But alas, the salsa tasted like marinara sauce, and the spices were off in the seasoning of our food.

My advice, just get a cocktail & guac & take in the scenery, but don't eat here. The staff was somewhat inattentive (although not very busy) but very friendly.

1  Thank trra
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We have been here many times to see the best Reggae band on the east coast "No Discipline", Food was "Ok". Bit overpriced for average grub. Bartenders remembered our drinks all night, even with a large crowd. Good place to see a band.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is a fun and very casual place where you will find decent (but nothing great) Mexican food, a variety of fun drinks and beers and great live music most weekend nights. My husband and I come here occasionally to hear music. It attracts a big bar crowd and often people get up and dance to the tunes. Decor is okay, service is reliable. In my experience, the clientele is rather young overall (30's and younger).

1  Thank bkramer947
Reviewed October 24, 2013

not to bad, tough to find good mexican sometimes. I don't absolutely love the food, but its not bad when you're craving something mexican - the fajitas and enchiladas are my go to dishes. Not a bad bar scene, but cramped.