“decent mex food”

Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Spanish
Congers, New York
“decent mex food”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

not to bad, tough to find good mexican sometimes. I don't absolutely love the food, but its not bad when you're craving something mexican - the fajitas and enchiladas are my go to dishes. Not a bad bar scene, but cramped.

• Visited June 2013

New York
“Customer is Always Right”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Last weekend, we went the lively Nyack Street Festival. After having a pleasant walk around, we found a free table for lunch at Casa del Dol. After waiting 10 minutes to place our order, we were served our drinks immediately. However, after 45 minutes, and 2 reassurances from our waitress that food was on the way, we decided to leave because of another vague reassurance from the manager. The waitress confirmed this as she said the owner was going to return to the kitchen from the bar where she was obviously serving the more profitable bar customers.
We started to leave, when the agressive, rude manageress accused us of trying to leave without paying. Note we had asked for the bill several times. We left $10 to cover the drinks, she again insulted us and said we could not leave unless she gave us the bill. The bill finally arrived, it was $10.81. We left another dollar. I suggest that the owner manageress go to both anger management theraphy and customer relations counseling.

• Visited October 2013
Hillsdale, New Jersey
“Consistently good.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have been going to Casa Del Sol for many years. Their happy hour specials are great ($5 margaritas) and the food is consistently good. The portions are pretty big so often enough for leftovers. We are big fans of the tableside-prepared guacamole. The service is good; the waiter we had was very attentive and friendly. The restaurant can get loud, particularly if there is a band. However the bands are usually quite good so stay for a bit and enjoy the music!

• Visited September 2013
Scarsdale, New York
“Quietest lunch we ever had”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I wandered into this restaurant about 2:30 on a Tuesday afternoon. We were the only customers there after a few tables cleared out. We sat in the sunny front room and had a very nice lunch. I had a quesadilla which came with veggie slaw, sour cream and guacamole. Very good. My husband had a burger which was huge and consisted of beef and pork. He loved it! It was accompanied by very this crispy potatoes.
The service was amazing (not surprising).

Visited August 2013
New Jersey
“Consistently Good Mexican Food in a Festive Atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Have been going to this restaurant for years and never disappointed with the meals. Their current menu seems to emphasize Fajitas so had a Paella Fajita for myself and my wife took a Chicken Fajita. Ordered a half pitcher of white Sangria (but got a full pitcher inadvertently and were charged only at half price). Our server Elena was cordial and quick to respond to our requests. The Paella was good though I think I would prefer it as plain Paella instead of on tortillas. My wife enjoyed the chicken dish and was happy to take some home as the portion was substantial. The place is always busy and so there's always been a bit of a wait especially when requesting a check.

There are plenty of tables and choices of menu items though it's not a place for quiet conversation when you factor in the background Mexican music and the chatter of happy customers.

Go there, you'll feel the energy and don't worry about speaking Spanish-hardly anyone does.

The portions are hardy so be prepared to take home some of the meal!!!!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Casa Del Sol? Share your experiences!