“This ain't your mother's cauliflower!”
Review of 8 North Broadway

8 North Broadway
Reserve with OpenTable
8 North Broadway is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Nyack
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I had an incredible lunch that included a steak burger with cheese and thick sliced bacon on a roll that was simple an amazing combination of tastes...The Farm to table salad featured similarly amazing tastes of fresh, heirloom tomatoes, cheese and greens...But the best dish was...yes!...the cauliflower...I have no idea how they prepare this vegetable, but it is simply not to be missed...even your kids will learn to love it!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Having tried this restaurant when it first opened and being disappointed with the service, we were a bit trepidatious in giving it a second turn. What a wonderful surprise! The little restaurant has grown up and glows with excellent food, caring service and imagination.

No rush, competently created cocktails, a special flatbread appetizer offering that still makes us smile, entrees beautifully presented and a chef's surprise dessert with our order. What a lovely evening!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

If your looking to get out of the city for the evening take a "vacation" for the night in the artsy sleepy town of Nyack. Plenty of free street parking out front. Big airy space with a friendly upscale vibe. Start with a vodka milled with organic blueberries. Goes down easy. Came with a group of six and we all could hear eachother. Many yummy small plates as starters. I had the stuffed zucchini flowers my other half had a seasonal salad and we shared both. There is big list of entrees to fit every taste. I had homemade pasta with duck meatballs which i had to guard from my honey who loved his dish but wanted to eat mine too! Service is attentive. Prices are fair. You will not be rushed. A nice break from the manic pace of the city.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I've always felt that eating out should be entertaining. And by that I mean I should be entertained by the chef's choices and led from the appetizers to the desert like a good play or movie leads one from the raising of the curtain to the denouement. The diner should be on the proverbial edge of his seat waiting to see how the night concludes.

Well, that's exactly what happened when my wife and I visited 8 North Broadway. From the moment I began eating the quinoa salad, I knew my meal was being crafted by someone who dared to experiment, someone who was willing to push the culinary boundaries even if it meant hitting the wall at times.

This takes courage, but it's the mark of someone who wants to be nothing less than brilliant; a future superstar.

I didn't agree with all of the chef's choices. For example, the fish of the day was Yellow Tail and served to my wife on the aforementioned salad. Both were spectacular, but they competed for attention, especially the salad which contained slices of jalapenos. To bring back my earlier metaphor of a play or a movie, this is where a good editor is needed, someone who makes a decision... will it be the salad or the fish that's going to be the leading man? Nevertheless, I enjoyed the attempt.

The meal came to its conclusion with a molten lava cake. I think the menu titled it Yummy Cake. And yummy it was. In fact, I had eaten a molten cake the night before at a Todd English restaurant. Suffice it to say that the chef at 8 North Broadway soundly kicked Todd's butt.

If I could have stood to give a standing ovation, I would have. The meal not only thoroughly entertained, but piqued my curiosity as well. I have to return to this establishment for an encore.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place is right on Broadway. Upscale with out the snobbery. The food was fresh and clean as Constantine the Chef and owner is into farm to table as much as possible. Mediterranean in it's style the menu changes with the seasonal cuisine. Lovely wines to accompany your selections.
Rich the general manager will make sure you are attended too like family. I love Table 31 which sits right in the window so you can watch the show that can be Nyack pass you by as you enjoy your excellently prepared meal. Give this place a try. Saturday night you may need a res. Tuesday half price wine!

1  Thank jvdNewYork

Been to 8 North Broadway? Share your experiences!