“Bombay Aloo!”
Review of Spice of India Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Spice of India Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The "chef's challenge" spicy potatoes (Bombay Aloo) is worth the visit to this restaurant alone. Never had a bad meal here, and always try to swing by when I am passing through the area.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stopped here on the way back from a shopping trip. We had been here before; it is clustered in the "Downtown" part of Nyack, which, on the Weat Bank of the Hudson, already has a wonderful atmosphere. Spice adds to it. The service, decor and incredible food make Nyack, and Spice, an unbeatable combination . Prices seem fair and reasonable, the menu, slightly different than the average South Asian Restaurant, make for a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have been eating here for years. They have the best saag I can find anywhere and I eat a lot of Indian. Even better, they give you enough for three meals. The tiger shrimp is outstanding as well as the chicken vindaloo. I have consistently found the service and staff to be friendly, attentive and prompt. I love this place.
The owner is almost always present, has helpful suggestions and makes sure the quality is consistent and that everything goes smoothly. She has suggested some nice cocktails and I recommend the Jaipour cocktail, a house specialty
I personally feel Laurie is a very decent person and I write this review specifically because I was surprised to read otherwise. In my opinion, the negative comments are simply not true and I wonder where they are coming from.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Eaten here many times both buffet and al la carte. Consistently good. Shrimp tika masala, saag, eggplant are among my favs. Good wines by glass, bartender makes great margarita.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nyack has great restaurants overall and in my opinion Spice is the best if you like Indian. I have eaten Indian food all over the world and I consistently find the quality at Spice of India to be tops. The portions are much more generous than usual and the service is always excellent.