“Quality.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013

That sums it up. Excellent service. Interesting preparations that focus on fresh seasonal food and a complex blend of flavors. A great experience.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I wish there was a score between average and very good honestly. I've heard nothing but incredible things about this place, especially about the wonderful owner. We happened to finally go on a night the owner was not there. The shrimp and grits appetizer was great but we were both very disappointed with our dinners. I had the salmon and my boyfriend was especially upset with the quality of the duck. I was especially excited after hearing about the amazing desserts. Mine, however, had good flavor but seemed stale. Our server was also not very knowledgable and put way too much effort into trying to sell the menu. He spent minutes describing food not by it's flavor but with adjectives such as "romantic" and "daring." I'm not sure if the place let it's standards down with the owner away, but I was really unimpressed and spent way too much money considering. Lanterna was 100x better than Hudson house in my opinion.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We took a chance on this place based on the reviews here and it worked out perfectly. The owner greeted us and made us feel very welcome. It was reassuring to hear so many people compliment his restaurant as they were leaving. Two of us had the halibut special which was delicious and my wife had the surf and turf. The atmosphere is festive and lively, not the place for a quiet dinner but it has great energy for a fun night with friends. We will be back!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had gone here entirely based on reviews we had read. We were meeting friends that grew into a group of 11. While we had to wait a while from our reservation time, it was sooooo worth it. The food was amazing--the desserts off the charts. The creativity and simplicity really impressed. Service with such a large group was very good also. Thanks Hudson House...we'll be back!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Matt Hudson told us he once traveled to Newfoundland to see if he could trace his family's ancestry back to Henry Hudson. The trail went cold, and he returned unenlightened. The enlightenment therefore is left for us diners at Matt's wonderful restaurant in Nyack; it's on an otherwise unassuming commercial street, where he serves nightly as bartender and baker, in addition to consummate host. We've been here several times. The first time was the surprise that has kept us coming back. It's clear that Matt takes pride in his restaurant and loves to host his customers. This feeling transmits itself to the staff as well. The food is always delicious, the desserts especially good and the ambience cozy with an almost colonial feel, and pictures of the Hudson river adorning the walls. On our most recent visit we had the buratta and a yellowtail sashimi appetizer that were both outstanding. One of our friends had a steak with a fresh ramp sauce that they loved, while we had a gnudi pasta and shrimp with polenta--fabulous! The desserts are another highlight--we had three, all of which were too good for us to keep to our diets! The one discordant note this time was our server who was somewhat awkward and actually said something to me that made me feel uncomfortable the rest of the meal. She must have realized it because she later comped us one of the desserts. She was definitely as aberration, as the service otherwise has always been terrific, but we've taken one star off for service below, mostly to alert Matt. This is a both great date place and a great place to bring friends. Worth a special trip!