“Hudson House is outstanding.”
Review of The Hudson House

The Hudson House
Ranked #3 of 80 Restaurants in Nyack
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We have been there many times; shame on me for not writing a review sooner. The Hudson House is great. Matt Hudson, the owner and baker, is a constant and very attentive presence. It has a cool bar that offers more casual seating for dinner. The dining room has a very nice, very comfortable vibe. The menu is varied and the desserts are very good. The menu also offers small plates; two small plates makes a nice dinner.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Back in Nyack for business and decided to try something different for dinner. Sat at the bar for dinner and met the owner, his bartender and a nice couple. Had good conversations with them all as we talked about the Baldwin brothers and various famous celebrity visits to his restaurant and no shows of some usual suspects. I ate a grass fed NY Strip that came with fries and frise salad w/ slice of a cream cheese. It was cooked right on (medium rare) and tasted great. They only serve bottled beer (no taps) which was OK with me. I ordered up a Palm (Belgium) beer that paired up nicely with my meal. I was treated to a small cake dessert compliments of the owner who apparently is a great baker. This personal touch from him and his attentive staff makes me want to come back and try his other dishes. Will definitely be back again soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

from the moment we walked in this place felt right. The host was seating some people and the bartender at first seemed liked he could care. Then all of a sudden we were dicussing all the infused vodkas, the local food choices, and where to go in the area and it felt like our favorite spot back home. Once seated the ambience of the local photos of the Tappan Zee, the tin ceilings and walls, it all felt right. And the food was fantastic, her duck and my lamd was superb.
Great value and when we visit our friends later again this year we are definetly going back

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Recently enjoyed dinner at The Hudson House with friends. Had never heard of the place despite living nearby and didn't know what to expect.
Entering through the crowded bar scene made me think this was going to be one of those hip, loud restaurants, but passing into the main dining area changed my opinion right away.
Service was attentive from the start and the recommendations from the waiter were spot on.
Food was excellent and as others have noted, interesting/eclectic.
The owner stopped by a couple of times and made us feel like long time customers.
Great spot and we're looking forward to going again soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Despite much competition among upscale restaurants, Hudson House is a standout with an eclectic menu, lovely, professional staff, personalized greetings from owner, who also is the baker. Not to be missed if you appreciate fine cuisine. Recently renovated.