“Love this Place!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
White Plains, New York, United States
“Love this Place!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Last night was another fantastic night at the Hudson House. Matt Hudson's love for what he does is is apparent. Everything about the Hudson House just makes you want to keep coming back.The food is Awesome! The specials are great. The staff are great! The deserts are amazing!! We were celebrating a Birthday and an Extra Desert and After Dinner Drink were sent over compliments of Matt Hudson. He's a great guy and does all the backing himself! I can't wait to go back!!
Hudson House..."Keep up the good work!!"
Richy A...

• Visited August 2012

Ossining
“One of Best on Avenue”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stopped here after visit to WP Court...to relax a little.
Had a few drinks...great beers, and a bit to eat. Delicious crab cake appetizer dish and a lovely lobster salad appetizer, though the lobster was undercooked. The ambiance was lovely. Will return.

Visited August 2012
New York
“Good food but not good when I got home”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Had dinner here this week and I have to say the food was great. However 30 min after leaving the restaurant I was not feeling so great and god very sick. I am thinking it was probably the oysters becuase my sickness came withing 1 hour of eating. I would recommend staying away from raw food here. Great atmosphere but you are paying typical NYC prices only you aren't in NYC and their is no view. So all in all if you want a $15 salad and $18 oysters that make you sick come on in. BUt I would expect lower prices that what they have here.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Toni G
Ringwood, New Jersey
“Fantastic meal, gracious host”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I visited The Hudson House for the first time on Friday night with my husband and another couple. My first impression was delight at the decor. Tin walls and ceilings and beautiful artwork depicting the Hudson River. Very lovely.
Our waiter greeted us quickly and brought drinks to start off. If was then some time before we saw him again and I had to flag him down. After that, no issues at all. He recited the specials and was accommodating but not overbearing.
For appetizers we had the gnudi, shrimp and grits and the soup of the day. The gnudi and shrimp and grits were delicious. The olive tapenade on the gnudi was different than I usually saw it served but it was perfect. The soup was a little too thick. It was good but nothing special.
For dinner 2 of us had the flank steak, one had the salmon and the other the port chop. That's when conversation at the table stopped because the food was just so good. The flank steak was perfectly cooked and the herb butter made it decadent. My husband loved the salmon and I am sad to say, I didn't even have a bite but from the look of it, I will order it next time.
I don't eat dessert but everyone loved what they ordered. We were even give a complimentary dessert special for the table to share. There was nothing left of that either.
The restaurant is a bit pricey, over $400.00 for the four of us (including wine and coffee) but what will make us come back is the charming host. Mr. Hudson visited our table as we were leaving to ask about our meal and to invite us back soon. He made a point of speaking briefly to each one of us. He was friendly and sincere. With a host like that and great food, of course we will be back.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank WhoWantsToGo
Upper Nyack, NY
“Revived and Renewed”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

After foregoing Hudson House for the past few years because it had become somewhat predictable and overcrowded, I had heard that there was a new menu and that things had been "shaken up" a bit. I was not sure what that meant, exactly, but I decided to give it a try with some friends from NYC who were driving back home from Connecticut and wanted to try something fresh and good, but casual (they were in shorts and t-shirts and sandals).

Unlike a typical Friday or Saturday night, on this Sunday evening the restaurant was not crowded at all. Aside from the fact that the hostess bypassed all of the empty tables on her way to bringing us to the worst table in the restaurant (near the kitchen and right next to the service station), which she quickly and graciously agreed to change when we said that it would not be acceptable, dinner was really nice.

Our waiter recited all of the special with the precision of an actor auditioning for the role of a lifetime. The menu does appear to have been recently revived and there were ample small plate options so that we could order a few different plates and sample the new fare with our very particular NYC foodie friends.

The food was fresh, nicely prepared and visually appealing. Wine choices are a bit on the high side, and some of the dishes are a bit pricey, but the food and service were top notch and really impressive.

The only reason this is not an "excellent" rating is because of the hostess's "you're-not-a-regular-here-so-I'm-going-to-try-to-get-rid-of-our-worst-table-ASAP" trick and the waiter being a bit too intrusive and cloying, even when we said to him a few times that we were just fine and didn't need anything further.

Definitely worth the visit.

• Visited June 2012