“Nice place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have been to River club on multiple occasions. The food is always good and view of the water is very nice.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my family tonight. It was a beautiful fall evening and sitting outside on the water was very pleasant which put us in a great mood ready to enjoy a good meal. The staff was very attentive but they couldn't make up for the short falls of the kitchen.

The food was horrible! Crab cakes were more bread than crab. Clams oregano was flavorless and mushy. Calamari were nice and crunchy but no flavor. One of our party ordered broiled seafood platter and it was steamed and waterlogged. It didn't even have any color. They sent the food back and ordered something different (which the staff was very nice about). Another person ordered the paella and it wasn't paella. It was a poor attempt at a Porteguese seafood and rice boil delivered in a Dutch oven. The mussels and clams contained more sand than meat. The rest was boiled to a consistency of tire rubber.

The meal was overpriced for the horrible food.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Came in today 2:00 PM 7/25/13 with my wife, two children and disabled mother in law and was asked to leave before we sat down. The rude host, manager, owner or whatever "it" was told me this isn't going to work (meaning no service for the family). All because my children were happy to be about, see some boats / ducks out the window. Never, in my life has this happened.

Most discriminating event that has happened to me. !

Terry Blauvelt NY

2  Thank Terry K
Reviewed July 23, 2013

After taking our friends to a wonderful little playhouse, we thought we would appreciate the great view of the Hudson and it's cooling summer breezes. We chose the River Club, because you could just walk in and ask for an out-door table. They have a large bar, with surrounding view, the service is good and the food was very much enjoyed by each of us. [Continental Cuisine] We had a real good time!

1  Thank SylvesterCountry
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The food is quite good and the service excellent. This is right on the Hudson River and has a Country Club atmosphere to it. I loved the decorations and the walk outside after having a great dinner with friends. It is one of those places you must try if you enjoy dining near the water and view the Tappan Zee Bridge.

1  Thank traveljounalist