“Friendly staff, great salad, lovely setting”
Review of The River Club - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had an amazing "cape cobb" salad for lunch there recently - couldn't quite place the flavors in the dressing. Our server said that they make the dressing on site - maple balsamic - which was really good ! Very friendly staff, -lovely to sit on the water on a warm and breezy day. My friend had an omelet which she said was very good as well. Not a fancy place, but comfortable.

1  Thank CherylNS

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to eat on our third night in Nyack. We try to not repeat even if we have found a good place, and we found a few. Because of the mixed reviews we almost passed on the River Club...glad we took the leap. We ate in the bar because the stools we captured hapened to have a great view of the Tappen Zee bridge and as all the patio windows were open here was a nice breeze. We shared Armando's Spring Rolls which were delicious as were the Crabcakes my wife wife ordered and my roasted turkey sandwich with brie and avacado was also more than satisfactory. while I can't comment on the entrees what we had was delicious and judging from the line of locals waiting there is quite a return crowd.
Service was friendly and efficient and the view fantastic.

2  Thank jimberr
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I would never step foot in this place again! I had been to the River Club twice after work with a few coworkers. We would go for a couple glasses of wine before getting dinner at other places. We had heard the food wasn't great there, but the bartenders were nice and we enjoyed the location on a nice day. We decided to order some appetizers and immediately regretted it. The food was so unpleasant - fishy, poorly seasoned. It was a shame the food was so bad, but after all we were going to eat at another spot anyway. During this last visit, we met the owner (Mike?) who was so incredibly rude to us, that we immediately left. He told us we would be a better fit at another place down the road. I could not believe it. We are all local and give local places business, but that was really inappropriate. It's a shame when the people who work at a location seem to be more respectful and kind to guests than the person who owns it. Worst and last time ever!

1  Thank angeluv4dr
Reviewed April 28, 2013

nice place for drinks and bar food (snacks) but absolutely DO NOT ORDER any entrees. six people 4 different entrees and not one was good. the worst lobster I have ever had. how do you take a nice lobster tail and make it taste like a goodyear tire??? I don't know but you should ask the chef at this place because he does a great job of doing it. Paella was BLAH, even the bam bam shrimp appetizer was tasteless. potato in our seafood combo was raw.one dish came out cold. just unacceptable quality for a place like this. however, service was very good and the drink prices were reasonable. Would not go back.

1  Thank Steve K
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great local place you can't beat the bar on a spring day. The River Club has a great atmosphere with friendly staff and owner. It's our go to place for a quick bite and a great view.

1  Thank mangotango1