“good rainy day brunch spot”
Review of Cafe Barcel - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Nice brunch, great feta cheese and tomato omlet. if you want a Mimosa for $11 you can have com as many as you desire. Salad good my daughter had it and loved it. good help, clean not too large but comfortable servers friendly and helpful with what is "good" and "popiular"

There are newer reviews for Cafe Barcel

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the only local restaurant that I go to regularly. They have great burgers and the meat is grass-fed. They also have lots of other good dishes as well and very good salads. The service is always great too. And the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Been to Café Barcel three or four times and every one of them I was happy with the service and with the selections. If you live in the metro area and consider their pricing high, you either need to go out more or restrict your outings to chain restaurants.
This is not an all-you-can-eat kind of place, nor I consider it a place where one goes to get full to the rim, but a place where one sits down to enjoy a well poured drink (depending on the bartender) and a surprising choice from the menu.
What they got going for them: ever changing menu according to seasons but keeping their signature dishes; good location in town; staff always friendly and well informed.
What they got against them: it can get noisy as the space is reduced and acoustics are not in the best favor of sitting area.
Do visit in summer time, when their drinks choices multiply and front windows are open

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Cafe Barcel is one of my favorite restaurants. I first went there when it was new and loved the mushroom ravioli that they had at the time, but my only complaint was that most of the portions were small. Because of that, I was reluctant to bring my husband there. I went a second time and noticed some positive changes from when they first opened. Portion sizes were better and their were more entree choices.

For my third visit, I brought my husband. I was happy that he loved it as much as I do. We started out with "Pan Con Tomate y Serrano Ham" which is grilled bread with dried tomatoes and Serrano ham. The ham was delicious. We also had something like an enchilada (looked like a fried wonton) stuffed with chorizo. For our main course we both had the delicious Bolognese Pappardelle. At first my husband wasn't impressed with it, but after a few bites he said it was actually very good and a few bites later he was really enjoying it. The sauce was what made it so delicious.

For dessert my husband had the BUŃUELOS with Chocolate Ganache. He didn't know what they were when he ordered it but he always likes to try new things. It turned out to be the most delicious sugary donut holes. The portion was huge and we took some home. I had the wonderful caramelized apple bread pudding. It was served hot and the flavors blended well together.

The restaurant seems very popular and I would suggest reservations on the weekends. It's a rather small restaurant and a bit on the noisy side. Tables are pretty close together, but in spite of the narrow space to move around, the service was excellent. The walls are decorated with local artists' work which I imagine gets changed from time to time. The menu is limited with some daily specials but I'm a fussy eater and always find something to eat. Prices are on the high side for suburbia but when the food is as good as it is, it's worth every penny.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I ate here last night with my husband and another couple. It is a cozy and inviting spot. The food was delicious! The service was attentive. And the cocktails were ingenious! This will be our new favorite place to meet in Nyack. I had the artisanal cheese plate, and split the paella with my husband. Absolutely delicious! The staff does a wonderful job of not rushing you through a superb meal and making you feel right at home. A gem.