“Easy to miss, but don't”

Alains French Bistro
Ranked #10 of 80 Restaurants in Nyack
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Alains came highly recommended and certainly didn't disappoint. His onion tarte is not to be missed. The evening I was there a non-menu special was rack of lamb. The waiter carefully listened to my request for degree of doneness and it arrived precisely as I had requested. (He said I could have it anywhere between black and blue and well done). Later I went outside to take a call on my cell. Saw Alain and we talked about the international lamb market for at least 5 minutes. Delightful.
A wonderful place but don't blink as you drive by! .

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We loved Alain's Bistro on our first visit, but not so much this time. The wait staff is efficient and friendly and Alain greets everyone warmly on their arrival, comes to each table and says goodbye when you leave. The menu is large and varied. My main course--a venison special--was very good, tho the meat was just warm. The onion tart appetizer was just OK--I've had better. My husband's rabbit was very good, but his onion soup was very bland. When we were leaving, he told Alain this and he said he'd look into it which is a good thing.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Perhaps it's unkind to evaluate a restaurant on a holiday Saturday evening. That said, we came early to this pleasant bistro with a most welcoming chef. The ambitious menu offered a wide variety of regional French cuisine, perhaps too many items to prepare well. My personal yardstick for French restaurants is how well they do the basics: onion soup, cassoulet, and duck confit for example. Well the food was good and hearty but not superior. Personally for my taste, a bit too heavy on the salt. Nevertheless, the desserts were better than the first two courses. The wait-staff was stressed by a packed restaurant yet did their best. The wine list was varied, offering a broad selection and many reasonably priced. This was our third visit to Alain's Bistro. The previous times seemed clearly better, so I'll probably be back and grant it's not entirely fair to rate a restaurant when they are short staffed over a holiday..

Reviewed October 3, 2012

After reviewing generally positive trip advisor reviews of Alain French Bistro in Nyack, my wife and booked a reservation for early evening 10.3.12. Our goat and pear appetizer was mediocre at best. My wife ordered hanger steak. I ordered a daily special of sausages and other cured meats and sour kraut. My wife's hanger steak tasted like liver. Her potatoes were watery and had no flavor. Her gravy tasted like it came from a can. My cured meat special was awful. We could not eat either meal. We advised our waiter and we offered to pay for our uneaten meals and leave unfed. Our waiter (and management) graciously did not charge us for our ordered but uneaten meals. This was one of the worst dining experiences we have ever had. We will never return to Alains,

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went here on the spur of moment with neighbors - We had heard good things about Alain's Bistro and wanted to try it for ourselves.

Although the strip mall location of of Route 59 in Central Nyack might make you dubious, the food is excellent - well prepared bistro fare -

Alain's Bistro has earned a place in our restaurant rotation for Rockland County,

2  Thank nynola