“Girls Holiday Get Together”

La Fontana Family Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 76 Restaurants in Nyack
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the quaint town of Nyack, join us to enjoy authentic Italian cuisine in our charming and spacious dining room or enjoy a seasonal view of the Hudson River in our upstairs dining area. A glass of wine from our extensive wine collection at the grand cherry wood bar for a before or after drink with friends and family is a wonderful way to start or end an evening of fun. We also provide a warm and casual dining experience on our outside terrace with soft background music flowing to the sounds of our Italian sculptured fountain. The best Sunday Brunch around!
New York
“Girls Holiday Get Together”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

La Fontana is beautiful inside. The service is good and everyone is friendly. I used to come here alot with my family. Unfortunately, the chef must have changed and the food is no longer what it used to be. The prices are good and the house salad was excellent but my seafood oreganto special was not cooked propely. I was disappointed. If they return to the food they once had they will have a winning restaurant on their hands!

• Visited December 2011

NEW WINDSOR
“A Very Good Meal, in a lovely setting....but”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

My Volunteer Fire Company held their December meeting and annual Holiday Dinner in the beginning of December. The restaurant was not busy and we had the upstairs all to ourselves. Not the greatest place for a private meeting as the noise level of the one other party was distracting, but not sure the folks who run the place could control much of the noise..The service was very good, the meal excellent. I had the Sup D. Pesce...(sp)...Seafood in a lovely light red sauce. Others in our group enjoyed their meals. I guess the only BUT was the prices. The average cost per person was more than I expected. So, if you come to Nyack and want Italian food...bring the bucks...It will cost you...And don't forget to feed the STUPID parking meters stanchions and put the paid stub on your dashboard...The parking meters are in effect till 9PM. A Bummer

• Visited December 2011
Nyack, New York
“It was delicious for all eight of us!”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I went as part of a group of eight for a celebratory dinner. We shared a delicious salad;the equivalent of three appetizers which was more than enough. Every one of us got something different including salmon, tilapia, zuppa de pesce, pasta primavera (in a non-cream sauce) and an individual pizza. All dishes were declared delicious . In fact, the person who got the primevera said she gets it in all restaurants where it is served with a non cream sauce and this was the best ever. It was a great place for a special dinner.

• Visited October 2011
Sydney, Australia
“Satisfied”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

It do not pretend to be upmarket but for value it is hard to beat.

• Visited April 2011
Cranford, New Jersey
“Such a shame...”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I've been here before with my family for their Fathers Day Buffet and it was quite enjoyable. Quite the opposite this Father's Day. We had a reservation for the 11-1pm seating. At 11am is when they began seating customers and the chaos ensued. I had surgery on my knee and we were seated up stairs. They stated there was no way to switch tables. then we were told they would switch us. The hostess did raise her voice towards my husband without him ever having a conversation with her. after 30 min -45 min they did say they would be able to switch us. everyone started eating at that point. There was not enough food for the amount of people at this buffet. They had one chef making omelets and one section of the buffet. For the amount of people at the buffet there should have been a set up of 2 identical buffets to help with the flow and to allow people to eat. I just gave up, as the hassle was not worth it. Most of the food was good (and gone quickly). The breakfast food was terrible. The pancakes and waffles were not even worth the calories. There was no sugar free syrup available (we had 2 diabetics in our party) neither were egg whites available (again 2 diabetics and those wanting egg whites). In this day and age if you are going to advertise as having a buffet and charging extra because it's Father's day then Deliver. VERY VERY disappointing. I don't think we'll EVER be coming back here. Also the items should have been labeled. I had to guess what was in each hot serving try. The actual waiter who waited on our table was excellent!

• Visited June 2011