“Amazing!”

Ranked #5 of 80 Restaurants in Nyack
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Velo, which means bicycle in French, showcases Anthony's love of cooking and his love of cycling, which is reflected in the decor. Velo, a mixed cuisine restaurant, located just off the main strip of downtown Nyack, offers a provocative menu. Serving exceptional food and wine including up to twenty wines by the glass (as well as a full liquor bar), menu items are completely house-made including all pastas and desserts. The atmosphere is bustling and city like, yet cozy. At Velo you will receive first class service and a menu crafted to rouse your senses.
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I've eaten at Velo on numerous occasions, and each time has been wonderful! I've eaten at the bar, inside at a table, as well as outside when it's nice weather. The wine list is well rounded, everything on the menu is so flavorful, I can never decide what to have. The service is superb, most of the staff are more than capable of providing a quick drink and are very knowledgable. Not in the mood for wine? Try one of the bartenders tasty cocktails! Overall, best value in Nyack!

2  Thank nracer15

Reviewed April 16, 2011

After reading the reviews, we were looking forward to a great dinner. My husband and I had the strip steak special. The steak was fair - the side dishes were poor. The broccoli rabe was tasteless and chewy, the potato dish with cheese was not only tasteless , but unappetizing looking. The service was very slow. My sister-in-law had the appetizer pizza, which she said was good.
Will not be going back.

2  Thank mtnwen
Reviewed March 16, 2011

This was my first time eating at Velo and, overall, the experience was very pleasant. Every year, we like to try different restaurants during Hudson Valley's Restaurant Week, and Velo's menu piqued our interest. I really like the location of Velo and the ambiance; the restaurant is simply decorated and intimate. We had a relatively early reservation, but Velo was completely full by the time we left, and this was on a Wednesday night, so I can only imagine how crowded the place is on the weekends.

On to the food--- The wine menu features an array of different choices which is always a bonus. For an appetizer, I had the cauliflower sformata which was surprisingly delicious. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was perfectly cooked and the frisee salad with truffle vinaigrette was a beautiful accompaniment. I also sampled the gnocchi with lamb bolognese. The gnocchi was light and airy. For the entree, I chose the coq au vin. The chicken was so tender and fell right off the bone, which I love. The sauce and vegetables were extremely flavorful and married well with the chicken. Dessert was just okay. Since we were ordering off of a limited menu, we only had three options. I chose the brownie sundae which was mediocre and pretty run of the mill, but any meal that ends with chocolate can't be considered a failure. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience at Velo, would recommend it to others and will be going back for a meal in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2010

I went to Velos for my anniversary. It was a delicious and perfect night. I can't wait to go back

Reviewed July 7, 2010

You will be greeted by Marchello-the manager of the restaurant. When you leave, you will feel like you have known him forever! He knows everything about the menu, the wine list, the specials etc. The food is outstanding! Chef/Owner Anthony uses simple ingredients to great delicious entrees. The food, the staff and the service are consistently exceptional. You will love Velo-don't skip the daily wine special or dessert!