“poor service”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

my wife and i rarely go out,but when we do we try to hit the lobster house because i love seafood and my wife likes steak.in st.lawrence county we have few choices for a seafood restaurant.The steaks are usually good,some of the seafood is frozen and not very appetizing.We usually try to go before the big dinner crowd arrives so we can pick our table,and anticipate better service since it's not so busy.The waitresses are young and inattentive.Whenever we finally get our food,they assume we don't need anything more and unless you stand up and flap your arms like a bird,you will not get refills or further service!And this is when there are few customers!The food is o.k.,prices a little high and service is terrible!!!In all fairness,desserts are outstanding.The owner is always there and has never come to our table to say hello or ask how are meal was.Also,whenever we leave we get the feeling they think they they have done us some kind of favor and never thank us for our business.

There are newer reviews for Lobster House

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went here for me and my boyfriend's one year anniversary. We got the three dishes for 20 deal and it was amazing. All of the food was amazing and we were served promptly. The place is gorgeous with beautiful paintings all around. Our server was conservsational and extremely polite. The lobster bisque and a salad was included in our meal on top of the three dishes! One of the best dinners I've had in a while, I'll be going back very soon!

Edit: I've gone back numerous times now, the service is great everytime and the food is fantastic. I always tell people to go themselves and always speak well of the restaurant.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Not too many options in the area for seafood so this place meets the need. There prime rib is not bad either. There are several types of seafood and daily catches available. They also have some nice combo platters. The blackend salmon is one of my favorites and they will cook it for you that way if its not offered on the menu. There menu is similar to the red lobster menu 20 years ago. The wait is usually longer than average for your food so enjoy there full bar menu. Service is usually friendly and attentive. You will spend alot of money here with a large family so make a great time of it. There is a large variety of art work on the walls that I believe are for sale but they are not labeled with prices.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you are in the North Country and want a fine dining place to eat--this is it! The food is great and so is the service. Fine dining but you can go casual. My husband and I always split and we still had too much food. A little pricey.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Not a huge fan, the service was good, but the food was only fuel for the furnace, nothing special for the price!