All reviews yogurt room was clean every employee classic car museum hot breakfast would stay again colgate university front desk clerk double room up to date a great place to stay motel diner pillows microwave conditioner ny
Reviewed August 19, 2015

Clean property, attentive staff, good value . Nice offset from road. Perfect bath and free in-room internet. Good breakfast too, with cereals, milk, yogurt, juice, sometimes fruit, good coffee, rather than just doughnuts like you get some budget places. Clean common areas like laundry and ice machine. Nice (overheard) comradery among staff, made it feel peaceful to stay here. In my room, there was a squeaky overhead responding to footsteps in upstairs room every morning 6 am. I discussed, but didn't pursue change, just lived with it.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
J P, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2015

Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel.
We appreciate all your comments regarding your stay.
We hope you will keep us in mind should you visit our
area in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2015

Due to the reviews on this board that said it was good for Norwich we booked in for one night while passing through. It was OK. I'd say that the outside entrance at the end of the parking lot did not seem at all safe. There were some guys hanging out, and they followed us to the doors. They did have a key but they just as well might not have. Later that night, people were loudly partying in the parking lot in front of office. (This was a Sunday night so no idea what it's like on a weekend.) Our TV went black when we turned on the bedside lamp; we couldn’t get it back on and had to change plugs. Other than that, it was fine and what you'd expect from a bargain motel. I do wish h/motels wouldn't blast the AC before you occupy the room. We had to open the window to get the room down from freezing. The motel is on the main road before Norwich. One nice thing is a farm market right across the street. There is also a diner across the street but we opted for the wonderful Caboose Diner in town.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay.
I appreciate your comments. I was surprised to hear you
did not feel safe if you had any reservations I wish you
discussed this with me personally.
Sincerely J.Purdy GM

Reviewed August 13, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews and ratings helped me select a hotel in the Norwich area as I planned to visit the Northeast Classic Car Museum the next day and wanted to be in place the night before. It was about a mile away. So, for the Norwich location, this hotel had the better rating than another in the area. And, it worked out more or less okay for me.

Check-in and check-out both went smoothly.

Room 109 was clean and quiet after 11:00 PM.

One of the biggest shortcomings of this hotel was the absence of the micro/fridge combination in the rooms. Both appliances are common amenities in many Super 8’s.

Room lighting left a lot to be desired. There was no overhead light in the entry hall. Lights hooked into the switch near the door were shut off, making entry to the room near dusk semi-difficult and less than welcoming. There was one lamp on the bureau. There were two wall lamps beside the two beds. There was no light for the desk. I was glad that I’d brought my own high-intensity desk lamp on this long road trip.

Electrical outlets were also an issue. The closest available outlet was next to the old analog TV. I had to use the 15-foot extension cord that I bought from home on this long road trip. II had to use that cord to run my computer and chargers for my cell phone and camera batteries.

The room had a safe, hairdryer, alarm clock, iron and ironing board. And, as with all Wyndham brands, there was free Wi-Fi which worked okay.

There was no closet, only an open hanging rack.

The tub surface was very slick. I was glad that I’d brought a rubber tub safety mat with suction cups on the bottom with me.

The mattress was comfortable. The pillows were above average; they were plump. I got a good night’s sleep.

The hotel is across the street from Pires Farmers Market and Dusty’s Dairy Bar & Grill.

The Super 8 SuperStart breakfast did not measure up to the available choices at other Super 8 hotels in the chain. It did not include make-your-own waffles on the trademark Carbon’s Golden Malted Waffle Maker. Instead, there were semi-soggy defrosted waffles. Yech! There were breads for toasting but no bagels. The only two cereals were Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes and Bran Flakes. At least, there was Quaker Oatmeal. Two pluses were 90-calorie Yoplait Light Yogurt and Dole Mixed Fruit Cups. I had a Yoplait Light Blackberry Pomegranate Yogurt and the mixed fruit. Juices included apple and orange. There were also coffees and teas.

The breakfast area was tiny. There was a three-seater couch across from the breakfast bar which was between the entrance and the front desk. Most Super 8's have the breakfast bar in an area separate from the hallway of the lobby.

With a 3+ of 5 rating on TripAdvisor, I think this hotel is overrated in light of all the deficiencies enumerated in my review. My rating on this hotel is a flat 3.0.

If you found this review helpful, kindly click YES below.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank Maurene_K

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hote.
I appreciate your opinion and am glad to read the feedback
regarding your stay.

Reviewed August 8, 2015

Price was great nice clean rooms and great customer service. Only negative comment is there is no elevator

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

The staff and I appreciate your comments and we
were all happy to hear you appreciate the service
we provided you during your stay.
Sincerely J.Purdy GM

Reviewed August 3, 2015

Stayed here August 1. Check in was easy, room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was more than adequate and we really enjoyed everything. Waffles, fruit cups, fresh coffee and juice. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family

Thank you for appreciating our hotel. We work hard daily so
it is always nice to read a pleasant review.