“October Trip”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Norwich
NJ
“October Trip”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Not bad for the price. The common areas could be a little cleaner. The carpet floor in the hallways are stained and should really be cleaned. I've stayed at this hotel in the past and I like that they allow pets if you need to bring one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

J P, Manager at Super 8 Norwich, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
We appreciate your response and Yes, you were correct regarding the carpeting
which we had on our schedule to shampoo the following Monday which we
were able to complete. It is always a challenge to keep the common areas clean but
I will look into how we can improve. Again Thank you for the helpful feedback and we hope to see you again. Sincerly JP Purdy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
WATERLOO
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Overall a very good experience. This hotel offered a happy courtious staff and a clean place to lay your head for a night. There are no frills but none should be expected at their rates. I would definitely recommend this place to people who are passing through.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

J P, Manager at Super 8 Norwich, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your positive response of our hotel.
I am very pleased to hear and agree with you regarding my
staff . They work hard daily and will truly appreciate your
compliments. Best regards.
Kintnersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The staff at this hotel was very friendly and personable but the rooms are super small and very, very basic. The hotel was clean enough but I became claustrophibic as soon as I walked into the room. The entrance to the room is from inside hallway which added to my feeling confined. Norwich is a charming town and there are some nice restaurants nearby. But I'll spring for the Holiday Inn Express next time through.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
J P, Manager at Super 8 Norwich, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I am so sorry you felt your room was small, I only wish I would have known during your stay.
I could have switched you to a bigger room. I do want to take the time to "Thank you" for your kind words regarding my staff and I will be sure to let them know.

Travelers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The Super 8 motel in Norwich has become a mainstay when we are the area. A little rundown, but clean and hospitable. The desk clerks are friendly and the hotel provides such amenities as a coffeemaker in your room with coffee and tea packets. They also provide a little more than continental breakfast in the morning. Only available until 9 AM, they offer cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, cinnamon rolls, toast, waffles, coffee and juice. Not bad when you consider they're one of the least expensive motels in the area. There are Super 8's in Sidney and Oneonta, but they charge $10 - $15 more per night. It's worth a little drive to save up to $50 on a three night stay.
If I had to mention anything negative, it would be that I left the air conditioner on to keep the room at a comfortable setting for us but invariably housekeeping would turn it off every single day and we'd come back to a miserably stuffy room. Not happy a bit about that.
However, that being said, I will continue to stay there as we make that trip 4 or 5 times a year. They're still the best option in the Norwich area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
J P, Manager at Super 8 Norwich, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review.
I appologize for the inconvience and will look into
the incident regarding your Air conditioner.
We will be looking forward to your next stay with us.
Sincerely
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Norwich is a small town that has a fantastic Blues Music Festival every year.There are only so many places to stay and the Super 8 this year was our group's pick. It is clean. The staff is friendly and the continental breakfast is nice. There is a microwave in the lobby to use anytime you need. The only thing missing is an outdoor covered meeting place for us to hang out in pre and post festival. There are picnic tables but a covered screened in gazebo area would be perfect. Thanks to the lovely and warm staff for a great stay this last weekend.
It is located close to everything in Norwich.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room. Your view is a natural setting of greenery. And the windows open so we were abl...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
J P, Manager at Super 8 Norwich, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you so much !!
Hightstown, NJ
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Location was very close to the Chenango blues Festival. It's a small inexpensive motel but had what we needed for the night. The staff was very friendly and easy going and made us feel very comfortable. We were in a handicapped accessible room (not by request just by default). It was recently renovated and my only comment would be that they could use some towel racks in the bathroom.

• Stayed August 2012
J P, Manager at Super 8 Norwich, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Nashville, Indiana
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had a nice visit in Norwich - cheap place - paid an average of $45 a night. Great service and the front desk staff went out of her way to see if I could check in early. Not the newest hotel but a the bed and room were more comfortable than I would have guessed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
J P, Manager at Super 8 Norwich, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
"Thank you" for reviewing our hotel. The Pumpkin festival is always a
fun and great family event. We hope to see you again next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Hampton Inn Oneonta
#1 of 1 in Sidney
The Checkered Moose Inn
The Checkered Moose Inn
#2 of 2 in Sherburne

Been to Super 8 Norwich? Share your experiences!