“Great place to stay in a small town”
Review of Super 8 Norwich

Super 8 Norwich
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Norwich is a small town that has a fantastic Blues Music Festival every year.There are only so many places to stay and the Super 8 this year was our group's pick. It is clean. The staff is friendly and the continental breakfast is nice. There is a microwave in the lobby to use anytime you need. The only thing missing is an outdoor covered meeting place for us to hang out in pre and post festival. There are picnic tables but a covered screened in gazebo area would be perfect. Thanks to the lovely and warm staff for a great stay this last weekend.
It is located close to everything in Norwich.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room. Your view is a natural setting of greenery. And the windows open so we were abl...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
J P, Manager at Super 8 Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you so much !!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Location was very close to the Chenango blues Festival. It's a small inexpensive motel but had what we needed for the night. The staff was very friendly and easy going and made us feel very comfortable. We were in a handicapped accessible room (not by request just by default). It was recently renovated and my only comment would be that they could use some towel racks in the bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2012

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had a nice visit in Norwich - cheap place - paid an average of $45 a night. Great service and the front desk staff went out of her way to see if I could check in early. Not the newest hotel but a the bed and room were more comfortable than I would have guessed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
J P, Manager at Super 8 Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

"Thank you" for reviewing our hotel. The Pumpkin festival is always a
fun and great family event. We hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Paid around $50, tax included. Had a very comfortable bed, otherwise nothing to rave about. Room needed new carpeting - I would not walk on the carpet barefooted. Otherwise, seemed clean. The breakfast was minimal. But for $50, i was pleased.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I needed a motel close to the Northeast Classis Car Museum, Super 8 was omly minutes away.,This facility is a two story motel., Located right off State Hwy. 12. The staff was efficent, friendly and heplful. The room was large, clean and comfortable bed. Bathroom was adequate in space, withn shower/tub combination. Water was hot , with good pressure.

The free breakfast didn't look very interesting. So walked across Hwy. 12 to Bill's Diner.

An Arby's is just north on Hwy.12. For an excellent dinner restaurant, chech out GUS' Steakhouse. The man at the front desk suggested GUS' and how to reach this restaurant. Very tasty food, at reasonable prices.

The parking can be a bit tight. I wouldn't reccommend motor home, only if not many vehicles in the lot to start with.

For a one night's stasy, I would return again. This facility is wheelchair accessible. Pets are allowed, however I have not idea if a fee is charged. A guest should ask when callng about a reservation.

Jack L., Syracuse, New York.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Jack L
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My wife and I and a travelling companion were in the Norwich area for a family get-together and chose the Super 8 for a one night stay. We had stayed previously at the HoJo and did not wish to repeat that mistake. Our companion stayed in a room facing the road and we faced the rear of motel. Both rooms were on the third floor. We had booked a queen size bed and were upgraded to a king with a firm, comfortable mattress. The room was large, well looked after and fresh smelling as, I might add, were the halls. The bathroom was a reasonable size and very clean. The staff were friendly and efficient. The continental breakfast was the usual dull assortment but the coffee was good and there was a choice of two diners across the street, one of which we chose for what turned out to be a very good breakfast (Bill's Diner). The price for our room was more than reasonable, all the more so considering we stayed on a weekend. Our companion's experience was similar (except for the size of the bed) to our own. We would definitely stay at this Super 8 again.

Room Tip: Third floor at the rear worked for us.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I thought my stay was excellent. I did not have any problems. The manager was very nice .She welcomed me more than once. The male front desk attendent during the day was a little snobish and slow but hospitable.The room I got was nice and clean with clean sheets that always makes the difference. The price I rented the room for was a Great bargin. This was during the recent hurricane that swept across the northeast. I understand the manager lowered the price to help those who needed a place to go. That was a great jester, Over all the experence I had with this Motel was a good one .For being in the middle of nowhere in New York state this really surprised me. Thanks for the service .I hope this is not a one time deal .PS The house keepers also did a great job and the girls were very friendly and nice.The recomended the restaurant down the road about a half a block and it was a great suggestion.I recommend it

Room Tip: The Single room above the managers office was Quiet and clean with a good view of the Highway and Hi...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Hampton Inn Oneonta
#1 of 1 in Sidney
Pillow and Pantry B&B
Pillow and Pantry B&B
#1 of 2 in Sherburne

Been to Super 8 Norwich? Share your experiences!