“Great value, friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Norwich
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Norwich
Hightstown, NJ
“Great value, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Location was very close to the Chenango blues Festival. It's a small inexpensive motel but had what we needed for the night. The staff was very friendly and easy going and made us feel very comfortable. We were in a handicapped accessible room (not by request just by default). It was recently renovated and my only comment would be that they could use some towel racks in the bathroom.

• Stayed August 2012
J P, Manager at Super 8 Norwich, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nashville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had a nice visit in Norwich - cheap place - paid an average of $45 a night. Great service and the front desk staff went out of her way to see if I could check in early. Not the newest hotel but a the bed and room were more comfortable than I would have guessed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
J P, Manager at Super 8 Norwich, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
"Thank you" for reviewing our hotel. The Pumpkin festival is always a
fun and great family event. We hope to see you again next year.
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Paid around $50, tax included. Had a very comfortable bed, otherwise nothing to rave about. Room needed new carpeting - I would not walk on the carpet barefooted. Otherwise, seemed clean. The breakfast was minimal. But for $50, i was pleased.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
East Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

I needed a motel close to the Northeast Classis Car Museum, Super 8 was omly minutes away.,This facility is a two story motel., Located right off State Hwy. 12. The staff was efficent, friendly and heplful. The room was large, clean and comfortable bed. Bathroom was adequate in space, withn shower/tub combination. Water was hot , with good pressure.

The free breakfast didn't look very interesting. So walked across Hwy. 12 to Bill's Diner.

An Arby's is just north on Hwy.12. For an excellent dinner restaurant, chech out GUS' Steakhouse. The man at the front desk suggested GUS' and how to reach this restaurant. Very tasty food, at reasonable prices.

The parking can be a bit tight. I wouldn't reccommend motor home, only if not many vehicles in the lot to start with.

For a one night's stasy, I would return again. This facility is wheelchair accessible. Pets are allowed, however I have not idea if a fee is charged. A guest should ask when callng about a reservation.

Jack L., Syracuse, New York.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jack L
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

My wife and I and a travelling companion were in the Norwich area for a family get-together and chose the Super 8 for a one night stay. We had stayed previously at the HoJo and did not wish to repeat that mistake. Our companion stayed in a room facing the road and we faced the rear of motel. Both rooms were on the third floor. We had booked a queen size bed and were upgraded to a king with a firm, comfortable mattress. The room was large, well looked after and fresh smelling as, I might add, were the halls. The bathroom was a reasonable size and very clean. The staff were friendly and efficient. The continental breakfast was the usual dull assortment but the coffee was good and there was a choice of two diners across the street, one of which we chose for what turned out to be a very good breakfast (Bill's Diner). The price for our room was more than reasonable, all the more so considering we stayed on a weekend. Our companion's experience was similar (except for the size of the bed) to our own. We would definitely stay at this Super 8 again.

Room Tip: Third floor at the rear worked for us.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Quarryville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

I thought my stay was excellent. I did not have any problems. The manager was very nice .She welcomed me more than once. The male front desk attendent during the day was a little snobish and slow but hospitable.The room I got was nice and clean with clean sheets that always makes the difference. The price I rented the room for was a Great bargin. This was during the recent hurricane that swept across the northeast. I understand the manager lowered the price to help those who needed a place to go. That was a great jester, Over all the experence I had with this Motel was a good one .For being in the middle of nowhere in New York state this really surprised me. Thanks for the service .I hope this is not a one time deal .PS The house keepers also did a great job and the girls were very friendly and nice.The recomended the restaurant down the road about a half a block and it was a great suggestion.I recommend it

Room Tip: The Single room above the managers office was Quiet and clean with a good view of the Highway and Hi...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

If this is the only option in Norwich, stay elsewhere. The mattresses looked like they were picked up on the side of the road and put in the rooms. The floors are sticky. The sheets are gross. The bathroom made me wish we'd brought our own towels. Our smoke detector also sparked and fell off. The manager on duty helped us as much as he could, but his "boss" was a fool. She said tell them sorry, there are no more rooms. Then he called back to say she wanted us to leave the hotel if there were no other rooms. It was crazy. We ended up being put in another room that someone didn't check into.

Aside from the fire alarm incident, we didn't feel safe there. It's a smoking hotel. Anything can happen.

Seriously, stay with family, friends or in another town if this and the Howard Johnson are the only options. It's extremely disgusting at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Hampton Inn Oneonta
Super 8 Sidney NY
#1 of 1 in Sidney
The 1810 Juliand House Bed and Breakfast
Brookside Inn at Laurens

Been to Super 8 Norwich? Share your experiences!