“will stay again” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Norwich
REVA
“will stay again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

room was quite, staff could work on customer service.. slow at getting people in at check in and checking out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Dana00287, General Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Please know that your comment and concerns are being taken to heart. I have had a meeting with my front desk staff and explained that it is very important to please our guests with an efficiant and speedy check in and check out process. We hope to be able to serve you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any future reservations that you may need. I would be more than happy to assist you with that. Sincerely, Dana Meyer General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
PRINCETON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Traveling for a GNCC event in New Berlin, our family required 3 rooms. Every room was exceptionally clean, well decorated, and comfortable. The lobby was inviting, while the clerk was knowledgeable and helpful. Overall it was a great experience. Will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

hotel remains under renovation.. our room was nice. older whirlpool bath ws very relaxing... bed very comfortable. HBO wasnt available first nite but after asking front desk we enjoyed HBO. Maid service was great. Everyone was very helpful and pleasant. Pool was extremely clean and enjoyable. The Hotel is nicely located to eating of different tastes and a drug store right across the street... No phone service does continue... Seems like a renovation is taking quite along time.
We have stayed here before several times and will continue to do so...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Needed a place in upstate NY.
Service was nice people were helpful.
It really just needs a remodel. Interior was dated, dingy and had a musty smell.
Pool was actually very nice and clean.
The Denny's restaurant downstairs was great for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dana00287, General Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are in the process of updating our hotel, tho it is a bit of a slow process as we have a large hotel to do. We would like for you to visit us again in the future to see the improvements that we are making. Please feel free to contact me with any future reservations or questions. Kind regards, Dana Meyer General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Norwich, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

As I am new to Trip Advisor and just figuring it out. I decided I would start with a review of a place I know well. Being from Norwich we've put many a family member up in this hotel. I can say that the staff is always friendly and courteous. My parents' room was clean and well taken care of and I know that she felt safe being there. Meals weren't really an issue for her as she ate with us. BUt I do know she had a great stay, so I'm thankful for that!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

As a dedicated Trip Advisor reader, I stayed at the Howard Johnson's Hotel in Norwich with a bit of trepidation, as I had read the previous reviews. I was joining friends for a special event and they had made the reservations. However, I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed my stay. I had a very clean and quiet room with a king bed, and the room had been recently renovated. The bathroom was renovated but still had some of the older fixtures, but it was very clean. The towels were a bit scratchy and thin, though. The bed was wonderfully comfortable, probably one of the best beds I've ever slept on and I wished I had that same bed back at home. The furniture was very nice and there was a coffee maker, iron and ironing board, an in-room safe, and a hair dryer in the room. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful and helped out with our requests cheerfully. The only downside was that the phone system was still not working (I had seen this in several of the previous reviews). Some of the halls are also being renovated. The carpets in the hallways were new and very clean. There is a Denny's on the premises and while the hotel does not provide breakfast, Denny's does give a small discount if you are staying at the hotel. On weekend nights, there is karaoke in the bar, so it can be a bit noisy in the lobby. The hotel is centrally located in the town of Norwich, with a Rite-Aid across the street and several other restaurants within two blocks. I would stay at the Howard Johnson's once again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second or third floor, far down the hallway away from the elevator, for a quie...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review of our hotel. We are working very hard on making as many improvements as we can, and it is very nice of you to notice and comment on that. I apologize for the phone system being down, but the good news is a new system is being installed. If i can assist you in any future reservations please feel free to contact me to make those arrangements for you, we look forward to serving you again in the future. Kind regards, Dana Meyer General Manager
North Attleboro, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I and our 1 1/2-year-old stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. We were attending a friend's wedding in Hamilton. The room fit the bill for what we needed. The desk clerk thought the Pack & Play I had requested for our room would already be up there but when we arrived in the room, it was not. We called down and she brought it up immediately. Our son slept fine in it. Our bed was comfortable and everything in our room was in good condition.

We took our son swimming in the indoor pool and he had a good time. There was only one other person with her son that came to swim while we were there on Sun. morning around 10:30. The pool area was decent and the pool appeared clean, save a bug or two floating in the water.

The one thing that was unfortunate was that the A/C in our room didn't appear to be working and Memorial Day weekend was excessively hot. We had it turned on as low as it would go and it never got cooler in our room, which made it hard for us to sleep.

The hallways of the hotel did show wear and age but who really cares about the hallways. You don't spend much time in them. The room itself appeared to be updated and was pleasant and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to submit a review on our Hotel. We appriciate your kind words. We are in the process of updating our guest rooms and hallways, it is just a slow process in such a large hotel. I apologize if your AC unit was not working properly, please let me know personally if you will be returning to the area as i would like to have you stay in one of your updated rooms with a new AC unit as well. Kind regards, Dana Meyer General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Hampton Inn Oneonta
#1 of 1 in Sidney
The Sherwood Hotel
The Sherwood Hotel
#2 of 4 in Greene

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel - Norwich? Share your experiences!