“A wonderful destination for our group!”

Lapland Lake Cross Country Ski Center
schenectady, New York, USA
“A wonderful destination for our group!”
Reviewed February 10, 2011

The fifteen in our group who made the trip were able to celebrate the wonderful winter wonderland on a beautiful crisp winter day. The glistening snow which covered the lake and piled high on the evergreens sparkled like diamonds in the brightness of the sun. We had avid skiers in our group as well as beginners who had the opportunity to take a
lesson. Some also enjoyed the snowshoe trails and the children tried out tubing down
the snowy hills. It was a day to remember with lots of laughs and stories to share.
Another trip will be scheduled sometime in February.

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Warm, friendly, non-competitive with beautiful trails”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

We just love the couple of times a year we can visit Lapland Lake in the winter. The people are uniformly supportive and friendly and the trail grooming can't be beat. Some trails were realigned before this season and we've found them to be very good changes. Our only regret is that it's a 3.5 hour drive to get there, and we envy those who live closer making day trips possible. The lodgings on site fill up quickly (and are pricey), with limited options in the area. We were there last weekend for the first time this season (no snow over the Christmas / New Year holidays this year) and can't wait to come back. The food they serve in the restaurant is interesting, tasty and well-prepared (highly recommended).

Visited February 2011
Pomona, New York
“Lapland offers great skiing in beautiful surroundings!!!”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I have been going to Lapland for 4 years. Ann and Olavi operate a top notch cross country ski center which caters to all levels of skiing. Whether you classic or skate ski, are beginner or experienced, this is the place for you. I love skiing on the lake and visiting the reindeer. The trails are well groomed and beautiful. We stayed for the entertainment several times and had a great time. We have never stayed in the tupas.
We stayed at the Microtel Hotel in Johnstown, about 40 minutes from Lapland Lake.

Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What a Way to Discover, Conquer and Embrace Winter”
Reviewed February 2, 2011

My family took me to Lapland Lake Ski Resort as part of my birthday present. It was my 1st time on xc skiis and it was an easy and happy experience for me and I instantly embraced this special winter day. The ski trails and the Wood Lake ski trail are very well maintained and moving along on these trails is so breathtaking. Go find out for yourself of all the beauty you can discover, conquer and embrace at Lapland Lake Ski Resort.

Roseboom
“Lapland Lake is one of the best times to be had”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I've been coming up to Lapland for a few years now, and I just like it more every time. My first chance to ski this year found me smiling in anticipation. It's a great way to get together with a group of friends, and the people who go there and work there are ready to become new friends. And now they have music and micro-brews an local wine! the food is exceptional too.

I recommend this as a great place to bring kids (of almost any age) for a healthy, outdoors experience. Ski for your health, ski for your sanity, just get out there and ski!!!