“COZY, COMFY AND GOOD CUISINE...”
Review of Nocello

Nocello
Ranked #29 of 64 Restaurants in Northport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Probably not one of the buzz of the moment places, but I like it for good, reliable staples and a fun bar. Extra points to Jo and Irv, who help make the place feel like home. I have to say that I always look forward to dining here, mostly buffet style with club members, and the offerings are varied and delicious. Bread pudding is something I also love, and I take a piece or two to make breakfast on the LIRR extra special.
Part of a Northport that is not changing with the gastro-chic style of the moment, Nocello's can be counted on for a relaxing and delicious, hometown type of evening. I think they have music on the weekends, but I am not sure about that. Just go, relax and count your blessings that this place will be welcoming and reliable.

1  Thank EileenO727

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Over the years I've driven by Nocello's in Northport many times and for whatever reason never had the opportunity to stop in. Well, on Sunday my wife were driving back from Eastern Suffolk along 25 A - Northern Boulevard - and this time as we approached Nocello's, we said, "let's go in." And we're glad we did!

I always worry when I enter a restaurant mid-afternoon (it was around 3 pm) and ask myself - is the REAL chef in? Who's doing the cooking before the dinner rush? What will the service be like? Well, everything turned out even better than expected. The seafood minestrone was just superb, with the freshest vegetables and the broth cooked to perfection. My wife's eggplant appetizer was a perfect little delicacy. Our salmon dishes (one poached and the other covered with lobster and crab meat) were extraordinary and the accompanying vegetables were the freshest ever! The service was prompt, pleasant and responsive.

If you're in and around Northport, have a bit of an appetite and are looking for a trustworthy restaurant with very good food and service, Nocello's is well worth the visit!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have been here for an anniversary celebration and a baby shower and then decided to hold a party for my daughter's 18th birthday and high school graduation... They were so accommodating to the smallest detail.... The owner is very calm and knowledgeable about planning and menus. They have the best Penne a la Vodka! and the Salmon oreganata was outstanding and I'm not a fan of salmon... I feel they went out of their way to make a wonderful evening possible to celebrate two big milestones in our daughter's life.
Thank you Nocello's..

1  Thank jsl3494
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Been there tons of times. Great consistent experience. Good dinner specials. Been to a few special parties there as well, always perfect.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Nocellos is a family owned rest. with homemade good food, good prices and wonderful service. We go there all of the time........