“Dark, Dingy & Dirty”

Elijah Churchill's Public House
Ranked #51 of 63 Restaurants in Northport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Huntington, New York
“Dark, Dingy & Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

ewwww and ewwww again. This place is so dirty, greasy & slimy. For the love of God clean your menus. They were so dirty I had to go to the bathroom and wash my hands. The staff is nice but a bunch of clueless kids that have no idea what service is all about. My salad was field greens that was about 4 days past it's prime and it had black old leaves in it. It looked like a salad a 4 year old made. The décor is so dark and dingy I could not even read my slimy menu. I had a groupon and was getting 40.00 worth of food for 10.00 so we stuck it out. I literally could not WAIT to exit this dive. I can only imagine what the kitchen must look like. The ribs were decent but the mashed potato's were a few days old. Without the groupon for just 2 entrees and 2 sodas it would have been 52.00 with tip. REALLY I hated that I paid 20.00 for it. Yuk

• Visited April 2014

Northport, NY
“The music adds to the atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We occasionally go with another couple when we want to enjoy a casual evening out. We usually grab a burger or soup. The burgers are good, but I would not be able to rate the dinners. They offer some good old-fashioned items, but I usually go there when I am in more of a casual mode. The service is good, and the music was pleasant and relaxing. There is not a lot of parking and some times you have to park in the lot next door.

• Visited February 2014
“Atmosphere is what makes the place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have been here twice and both times we have came the good has been not that great. The last visit I had the steak salad and the steal was undercooked and under seasoned. My boyfriend had the California chicken sandwich and his chicken was dry and plain and he could definitely tell the bun was frozen. I think what makes the place is the rustic atmosphere of the place and great beer selection.

Northport, New York
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I use Tabasco extensively. I use it on everything from eggs to pizza. Last night I ordered the Chili, the Ribs, Iced Tea and the Tabasco for the Chili. The Chili was extremely spicy and didn't need any Tabasco. Highly unusual, but acceptable for my "always kick it up a few more notches" taste. The Chili came very quickly and the cheese on top was melted and not burnt. A good thing. However, before my wife and I were done with our "Elijah's Classics", the waiter arrived with our entrees.
The restaurant wasn't crowded. Even if it had been, I still would have expected the waiter to check our table to see if we were finished with one course before bringing out the next one. For me, the waiter exhibited inexperience and/or lack of proper training.
Sometimes the rib barbeque sauce is smoky, sometimes it's sweet. This sauce was more like a left over Halloween trick. It was so hot it completely masked the tender, fall off the bone, meat of the ribs. "I" had trouble eating it and only ate 3 ribs before I gave up.
If the owner or a manager was on the premises, he/she was in hiding.
On the way out, we passed the "Hostess" who had seated us. She was talking with two other young waitresses and apparently too busy to say "Goodnight, how was your meal? Please come visit us again".
Nothing has changed since Squatty owned this restaurant/bar when it was The Fort Salonga Inn. With a little interest from management, some training of staff and a chef who tastes what is served, Elijah's could be a real jewel. But as it is now, there are better places if you are looking for a $15.99 burger.

• Visited November 2013
Selden, New York, USA
“Fun atmosphere great appetizers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

This place is super charming that being said it is in a historic landmark kind of way so it's not pristine but the bar food starters are excellent and the home cooking kind of menu items is eclectic the server we had was sweet and funny. It was overall a great experience and I will return

Visited October 2013