“Great party spot”

The Shores Waterfront
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located on the tip of Tonawanda Island, The Shores offers all you need for a summer fun. Have a cocktail at the bar, dine inside or outside on our patio and enjoy the panaramic view of the Niagara River. The Shores also offers indoor and outdor accomidations for all your banquets needs, everything from funerals to weddings. Are you a boater? We have 90 slips located on site with decks for a cottage like setting, something no other marine can offer in the Buffalo/ Niagara Fall area.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We went for a visit on a beautiful weekday afternoon and the place only had a few tables. I didn't realize how large the inside and outside of this place were. My wife absolutely raved about the watermelon martini. Even though it was 85 and sunny - we decided to try the 'award winning' stuffed banana pepper soup (as we're fanatical about trying this app everywhere). As advertised - the soup was absolutely delicious. Thick and creamy with a nice medium kick from the peppers and the italian sausage. I don't think this is 'diet' soup - but definitely hearty and full of flavor. We made a mental note to go back at night when the place might be more lively, as there were several separate areas to party.

1  Thank T R

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Just visited The Shores for lunch, this was my second visit in the past few weeks. The restaurant was a little tricky to find but once we were there the view was well worth the trouble. The Shores is not much to look at, kind of a beach shacky feel to it. While there are a few tables inside the whole point of going here is to definitely sit outside and enjoy the atmosphere.

We found all of the staff on both trips to be very friendly and helpful. The music was playing and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves in the sun.

While the atmosphere is great the food was just so-so. My husband had the fried fish dinner, which he found rather soggy and the fish was just not good quality. Their beer batter is very sweet so if you do not like that steer clear. We both enjoyed the sweet potato fries and an order of the spinach dip which was very good. I had the crab cakes which were decent but not something I would order again. They were a little undercooked in the middle which made them a little mushy but had good crab flavor and not to much filler.

While we were not overly impressed with the food I would probably return to sit outside by the water and stick with a burger or some apps and drinks.

1  Thank nicotags
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Owners of this restaurant have made many improvements along with adding great out door spaces.You can now sit along the river at the new outdoor tikki bar and listen to all the live music. They have a wonderful updated menu that has something for everyones taste. My favorite is the Potato Crusted Cod along with open steak sandwich.

2  Thank DIANEBuffaloNy
Reviewed February 6, 2012

There were a few times where I had come here and had awful service. I think because it is a seasonal restaurant it's hard to get the same staff from year to year and it shows. I stayed away for the summer of 2010 but when I returned in 2011, I was pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed January 26, 2012