“Great place, good food and fun atmosphere”
Review of Sawyer Creek Hotel

Sawyer Creek Hotel
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went to Sawyer's Creek for dinner this past Saturday night (Jan 5,2013) on the recommendation of friends of ours who frequent the restaurant on a regular basis. We love to sit at the bar as we find that we get a really good feel for a place by sitting there. It was very busy but one nice man gave me his seat at the end of the bar so that we could both sit - and he pulled up a little stool - which right away made us feel very welcome. The bartender and staff were very friendly and it certainly looked to me that there were a number of regulars by the way they interacted with the staff ... which bodes well for good food and good prices. We were told by the bartender that the most popular dishes were the fish and chips, beef on weck and their crab stuff cajun haddock ... so I had the crab stuff cajun haddock and my fiance had the beef on a weck. They were both delicious. They did have many more items on the menu as well. We will definitely go back the next time we go on our cross border shopping expedition.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was our first time at Sawyer Creek Hotel and I can tell you we will defiantly be returning. The three of us were seated as soon as we walked in the door. We had the French onion soup that was the tastiest French onion soup I have ever had in my life. We had Deep fried fish fry's that was NOT greasy and had a superior coating while the fish inside was moist. The french fry's and baked potatoes were excellent with our meals. The service we were given was swift, pleasant and we had an excellent evening.

2  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We usually get the take-out fish fry dinner and have never been disappointed. The food is fresh and cooked to perfection and it is always ready and waiting when I want to pick it up!

1  Thank marsha51
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Sawyer Creek has an extensive menu. Everything I have ever ordered was delicious. I have never had a bad experience. Prices are average to inexpensive. Can't go wrong going here to eat!

1  Thank djlamlBuffalo
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This place has potential but doesnt seem like the cook cares.
Pleasant service from waitress and my haddock was ok, but lasagna overloaded with cheese. Obviously an historic place but server had no clue as to history. Simple enough to put a paragraph on the menu. House salad from the 60's (brown iceberg lettuce).