“Last Minute Decision” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Niagara Falls, NY
“Last Minute Decision”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were out on a Friday evening looking for Pizza and decided to try the Roman Cafe. The place was a little busy and we needed to wait to get seated.

Service was a little on the slow side, we had seen people who were seated after us getting their orders and drinks before us, but it was not too long before our order was taken.

We did an appetizer and pizza, both of which were very good - the traditional pizza crust is fantastic, and they are not stingy with toppings.

Price was average for the area.

Would definitely go again, I'm already craving another slice of their pizza.

• Visited November 2012

North Tonawanda, NY
“Been coming here for 10 years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Some ups and downs, but mostly good if you aren't in a hurry. Today's Berry Salad was crisp and fresh, and the pasta guy's spaghetti and meatballs was plentiful and also good. Only disappointment was the espresso, which has been good here on previous visits, but so watery and tasteless today, I sent it back and didn't want to let them try it again.

Pizza and wings are also excellent.

• Visited July 2012
Buffalo, NY
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Very casual and small inside. Maybe about 15 tables? Always good service and food.

N. Tonawanda
“Waitress with an Attitude---Food didn't make up for it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2009

We just got back from dinner at the Roman Cafe, which left a bad taste in my mouth in more ways than one! The food was so-so, and the waitress was full of attitude! We had to sit at our table and listen to her complaining about her job from the kitchen~~she was that loud! After listening to this while waiting for her to appear again, my husband stuck his head in the kitchen and asked for help. When we asked her if she realizes we can hear saying how much she hated her job, she said "Yes!", and corrected me by saying "I didn't say how much I hated my job, I SAID, have I told you how much I love my job! (dripping with sarcasm). Same thing in my book, regardless, why is this allowed? Why is she arguing withe me? Why do we have to tolerate this? Well, we don't--unfortunately, this place is off our list (unfortunately because I love giving business to establishments in our town, especially in this economy). And you can trust this will come up at the lunch table at my place of work tomorrow.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FromNT
ny
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“in for a great surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2009

this place is a hidden dream
so many food choices
all good
been going here for years new cook oh my want some new exciting dishes try the weekly specials sure hope some get added to the main menu
a must place to check out in north tonawanda

1 Thank NyLovetoeat