“Awesome spring whitewater rafting on the Hudson River”

Whitewater Challengers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whitewater Challengers is a premier rafting outfitter in upstate NY. The Hudson River Adventure Center offers thrilling rafting trips on rapids up to Class V in the spring time and Class III in Summer and Fall. Hudson River Rafting is a 4-5 hours activity on the river. We provide your gear, including free wet suit rentals. Opt in to our after trip BBQ Dinner option for just $5/meal. Stay for several days and explore the Adirondacks by air on our Aerial Zipline & Ropes Course. Or battle it our with your friends in a paintball game. It's the most fun you'll have all year!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I took my teenage boys down the Hudson River for some spring whitewater rafting on Sunday 4/28/13. The weather was sunny and warm for April in the Adirondack Mountains which makes a big difference in how cold you feel during the trip. The water was really cold - in the 40s - as expected for spring. River water level was perfect for these 2 first time spring rafters - about 5 feet before the dam release per USGS website.

This is the company to raft with if you want to go down the Hudson River in spring. Rafting can be dangerous during the high water season and I wanted my kids to be safe. The guides and support staff at Whitewater Challengers are very friendly and know the river as well as how to prepare very well. Our guide Mikey has been guiding on the river for many years. He was also my guide when I went down the Hudson River with my older daughter in 2011.

The trip down the river was great, full of lots of exciting rapids. Prepare to get really wet with cold water in the spring. Snack/lunch on the shoreline of the Blue Ledges area was beautiful. The hot tea was especially good since we were all a bit chilled. The rapids thru the Narrows was really thrilling with waves crashing over us during our efforts to paddle hard. The flatwater at the end was so relaxing after paddling for 14 miles, we loved soaking in the warm sunshine as we drifted to the take out spot.

Ken P, Owner at Whitewater Challengers, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2015

Every day on the Hudson seems so very special. Very glad that you enjoyed yours so much!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was able to take part in the aerial zip course last fall. It was challenging enough but done extremely safely to build my confidence even though I was out of my comfort zone. Highly recommend. They also offer paintball & rafting.

1  Thank RockyAcresInn

Thanks for joining us up in the trees! Maybe we'll see you on the ground, or in the water this year? Hope so!